Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
With finals, the shortened week, and travel, i really don't see us being able to do a lot of prep work for Texas. Which may be a good thing. We just need to keep going with the flow.

UT has had 20 days off, so have to assume they are going to have some new wrinkles to throw at us. We just need to be able to adjust on the fly and focus on the fundamentals.

One bonus with the way the KSU game worked out. We were able to expand the playbook in ways that UT will be trying to adjust to this week as well. We did it with a rhythm, flow and balance that should give UT pause in selling out trying to pressure Purdy.

No idea how this games ends up but will just sit back and enjoy the journey. Should be a heck of a game.

For some reason I like the concept of Mr. Mensa having 20 days to overthink things.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Love the opportunity in Austin on Friday. It's talent vs scheme.

ISU needs to again limit turnovers and penalties while stopping the Texas run.

Do that and we are Big 12 regular season champs!!!

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I don't think that's a plus, it may not be mean much of anything but I really can't see it making a difference.

Without knowing their specific health situation, I'd be inclined to agree - particularly given that we also had a bye week followed by a game that turned out not to be much of a tussle.

But the fact that they didn't play + short week + travel might give them a slight edge in an otherwise even game. But like I said, if we're in rhythm and they aren't, that's an advantage for us. Maybe we're up two touchdowns before they know what hit them and they have to adjust their game plan.

Like I said, just contradicting thoughts everywhere.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
We are going to get their best shot. This Texas team plays to their competition and has risen to the challenge when the lights are bright (OU and OSU). Iowa State has wilted when they were on the big stage since MC has been here i.e. 2018 Texas, OSU this year, Notre Dame. Until this team can show that it plays it's best when it's all on the line then I'm going expect a close but not cigar type performance. Hope I'm wrong.

Those embolden by the KSU performance should take it for what it was. They came in as a lame race horse and the team did what it was supposed to and did a mercy kill. It's encouraging that the offense didn't do is usual sputter and looked sharp for the entire game for the first time this year. But to think we'll be able to do that to Texas it'll leave you disappointed. This is going to be fist fight in a phone booth.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We are going to get their best shot. This Texas team plays to their competition and has risen to the challenge when the lights are bright (OU and OSU). Iowa State has wilted when they were on the big stage since MC has been here i.e. 2018 Texas, OSU this year, Notre Dame. Until this team can show that it plays it's best when it's all on the line then I'm going expect a close but not cigar type performance. Hope I'm wrong.

Those embolden by the KSU performance should take it for what it was. They came in as a lame race horse and the team did what it was supposed to and did a mercy kill. It's encouraging that the offense didn't do is usual sputter and looked sharp for the entire game for the first time this year. But to think we'll be able to do that to Texas it'll leave you disappointed. This is going to be fist fight in a phone both.
So you are totally disregarding the OU game?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm getting way too hyped for this game. 2.5 more days of work is going to suck!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Those embolden by the KSU performance should take it for what it was. They came in as a lame race horse and the team did what it was supposed to and did a mercy kill. It's encouraging that the offense didn't do is usual sputter and looked sharp for the entire game for the first time this year. But to think we'll be able to do that to Texas it'll leave you disappointed. This is going to be fist fight in a phone booth.
I think Saturday's performance coupled with the second half performance against Baylor is why fans are excited. 6 straight quarters of damn near perfect football. Were either team great? No, but how many times have we laid eggs right before going into a big game? We're playing terrific football right now. Does that mean we're going to kill Texas? No.

Also, let's not poo poo our loss @ OSU. We were in that game down to the wire, missed two field goals, and played them when they were fully healthy. OSU this year is completely different than the Notre Dame game or even the 2018 Texas game.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha

There you go. More negative waves. Have a little faith, baby. Have a little faith.

Reactions: aobie and Aclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

This sounds like nut cup talk, which is always reasonable. I’m trying to take mine off. Maybe I’m drinking too much of the koolaid but other than that clusterf*ck against UL and whatever that was the first half of the Baylor game, this team just feels different. If you listen to Bruns talk about them, I think he would agree. This is a veteran group that wants it and has the talent and personnel to take the next step. They may not but it is right there and it’s not some pie and the sky deal where they need to run a triple reverse fly flicker thing to beat them. They can smash them in the mouth and just plain beat them. Hell, even the kicking game has shown it can do it when necessary. I don’t see them not being ready or wilting.

Reactions: Aclone and BCClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think this is a game where Manning craps himself again. I think Texas makes us one dimensional and Manning won't have an answer for it. Plus, whenever ISU has knocked on the door, it hasn't turned out well. That is our history. I have been a fan for 52 years, until I actually see us break through, I won't believe we can do it.

Locked and loaded.
a-2.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron