Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have finally dragged Lew kicking and screaming into the GoT world. He tried once before, but we would watch one, maybe two episodes a week, and he couldn't keep all the characters and story lines straight. So this time, I kind of pushed watching episodes more frequently, and we've been averaging a season per week. I have met success, finally!

I know this because:
Last night both of us were having trouble sleeping because Milo was scheduled for follow-up bloodwork this morning and had to fast for 12 hours prior...which means they ALL have to fast...which means they were all bugging us constantly to feed them. At about 3 in the morning Lew says "I give up. Let's go watch another episode." More GoT, no dead cats. Winning!!!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Had to look up Catherine Bell

She likes scooters.

995ce160509dc66ed69a9b2fc12c652d.jpg

* I call motorcycles scooters mostly to annoy my one ISU buddy. He has a garage full of vintage Kawasakis; Ninjas, GPZ etc. I am his only non-motorcycle friend. He has two 900's, one a concours level show bike and his "rider" that to anyone else looks like a showbike.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I have a nest of what I thought were murder hornets in my yard. It turns out they are the mostly harmless Cicada Killer Wasps
IMG_20200712_082121.jpg

Reactions: SCyclone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure whether these two things are related:
Yesterday I updated my Firefox browser, a few days after I started getting the available update message. Since then this CF site is agonizingly slow. Any page, any action. Have no idea what's up, but it's very hard to even get to a page by clicking on a link now.
And, cannot even click on "post reply" at the moment. Sigh.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Yesterday I updated my Firefox browser, a few days after I started getting the available update message. Since then this CF site is agonizingly slow. Any page, any action. Have no idea what's up, but it's very hard to even get to a page by clicking on a link now.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Im already tired of Joni Ernst and Theresa Greenfield.

One benefit of having kids is they don't do political stuff on Disney.

Summer is a popular time for senior pics from my experience.

Found a cicadia in the process of coming out of it's shell the other day. That was cool, took a picture for the kids.

Working on stripping the paint of the deck as we want to stain it or something instead of this ugly red paint. Stripper I picked up last night works okay but not fantastic. Going to be a longer project than I was hoping for.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I have finally dragged Lew kicking and screaming into the GoT world. He tried once before, but we would watch one, maybe two episodes a week, and he couldn't keep all the characters and story lines straight. So this time, I kind of pushed watching episodes more frequently, and we've been averaging a season per week. I have met success, finally!

I know this because:
Last night both of us were having trouble sleeping because Milo was scheduled for follow-up bloodwork this morning and had to fast for 12 hours prior...which means they ALL have to fast...which means they were all bugging us constantly to feed them. At about 3 in the morning Lew says "I give up. Let's go watch another episode." More GoT, no dead cats. Winning!!!

Same thing happened in our house. The vixen pleaded with me to watch a couple episodes with her.....and, like Lew, I struggled to keep everything straight. She encouraged me to stay with it, and I'm so glad I did. One of the best drama series I have seen, hands down.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I have a nest of what I thought were murder hornets in my yard. It turns out they are the mostly harmless Cicada Killer Wasps
View attachment 73532

The first time you encounter one of those, it can be alarming, to say the least. They're huge, and when you get close to their hole, they get aggressive and buzz you. But the males rarely sting, and the female has to save hers for the cicada.

I haven't had any around my yard for a few years now. One summer I counted 22 different burrows on my property, most of them located under the splash blocks (I have 7 downspouts coming off my roof). I used to pour old motor oil down them, they didn't care for it too much. And a tennis racket is handy for swatting them out of the air, at which point you can stomp on them.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Found a cicadia in the process of coming out of it's shell the other day. That was cool, took a picture for the kids.

Working on stripping the paint of the deck as we want to stain it or something instead of this ugly red paint. Stripper I picked up last night works okay but not fantastic. Going to be a longer project than I was hoping for.

Good job giving us some random thoughts! (It IS the thread title, after all.)

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

I may have worded it that way on purpose. Granted I didn't last night when I called MrsWx after working out and said "I am going to run and pick up the stripper quick" Her-"You mean for the deck?" Me-"Well that one too."

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Woo.jpg Woo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron