Attendance policy from JP...

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
i like this. I’m still not convinced that football will happen or should happen. But that won’t be Jamie’s call.

face coverings required for admission is a great thing. I understand there’s no way Iowa State can enforce it during the games but any encouragement will help. I also love that they are releasing seating charts so you know what your section will look like.

I think this is a great rule, given that it would be nearly impossible to enforce mask usage when people are in their seats. At least everyone going in Jack Trice will have a mask and will hopefully wear one, at bare minimum, in the concourse area when walking by crowds of people.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
And I keep reminding myself that NO ONE has to go to any game. I likely would not go if I were at risk or members of my family were at risk.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If they wished to limit or encourage people not to yell to prevent spread as well, they should allow some form of approved noise makers into stadiums this fall.
6912224.JPG

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah. The logistics really don’t change that much IMO if the decision is fans vs no fans. The big logistical issue would be concessions. I’m not sure you have to have concessions to have fans. You can allow people to bring food in.

From the way everyone complains about FB concessions, would they notice if there were no concessions?;)o_O:p

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Maybe you are stuck in side but Iowans are interacting outside in large numbers with little/no increase in cases. Our hospital systems are well equipped to handle any small increase in transmission caused by spectators.

To be honest I'm not seeing a whole lot of interacting in large numbers at the places I've been.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
So what happens when UT, TCU, Baylor, TTU can’t play or host games because the spread in Texas is so bad? This isn’t a state of Iowa only problem in my opinion.

Reactions: CyBobby

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What happens if you don’t have a smart phone?

This yr you could access manage my tickets in the A.D. website and print off your tickets. I don't know if they are allowing that with the new policy or not.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm curious if there is football this fall how we are now getting to the games since you seem to believe that nobody will be driving to them.

Hint - the risk is additive. Now instead of just the risk of death from driving to the game there is risk from COVID (including community spread) on top of the risk of death from driving to the game.

I don't think you understand my point. That poster seemed to believe we should not hold any college athletic event if there is any risk of any people dying from Covid as a result. I simply stated if he believes that, he should have been against athletic events (and any other mass entertainment option) long before now, because they have always included similar risks of death.

To answer your post, though, I believe the total risk of death (from all sources including Covid) for 30k people attending would be similar to the total risk of death (not including Covid) for 60k people attending. The risk of death (not contracting the disease) is extremely low. I'd wager there would be more traffic deaths for 2x the people, but I'm not going to pretend I can prove that.

Reactions: Acylum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So what happens when UT, TCU, Baylor, TTU can’t play or host games because the spread in Texas is so bad? This isn’t a state of Iowa only problem in my opinion.

Yeah it's almost like this is a thing that can affect other areas and state lines don't really matter to it.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

yowza

Jun 2, 2016

I think Texas is more likely than not to let football go on with or without fans. Maybe without fans but it will go on in that state.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I think this is a great rule, given that it would be nearly impossible to enforce mask usage when people are in their seats. At least everyone going in Jack Trice will have a mask and will hopefully wear one, at bare minimum, in the concourse area when walking by crowds of people.

Lock them Bain face masks on all who enter.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Not 100% sure what I'm going to do but the idea of limited tailgating and having to wear a mask for 4 hours has me THINKING about staying home and watching on my 104" projector. I have SEZ tickets so I'm guessing it'll be full. Will they sell beer? How does that work with a mask? If you enter with a mask and then take it off at your seat, are they really going to come police you? Anyone else debating what they will do if these restrictions stay in place?

I would bet they will police the wearing during the game. If say only end up allowing 15,000 in then it would be quite easy to do. People with binos and a radio on the field directing folks to offenders.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think Texas is more likely than not to let football go on with or without fans. Maybe without fans but it will go on in that state.
Sad to say, you could be right. The wimpy gov in TX IS closing things down again, but Texas definitely DOES put emphasis on football as a religion.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Regardless of state dynamics, there will almost certainly be a team or three that has an outbreak - what do you do? Forfeit a game or 2 whilst under quarantine? Give a win to the healthy team, but no loss to the sick team? Unique circumstance...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
If they wished to limit or encourage people not to yell to prevent spread as well, they should allow some form of approved noise makers into stadiums this fall.

That's a really good point that I haven't heard brought up yet.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Not if it's the new style of e-ticket. The code changes over time.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/MobileEntry?language=en_US

But that's *probably* not the case with ISU athletics tickets.
Ah. We had mobile for two years and were able to print them out. We had regular seating again as of last year. Maybe they have changed...but IMO, for the technologically challenged, they should leave the printable option open.
I had something (not ISU athletics) late last year that used the new style. I remember I had to setup Google Pay to make sure the tickets would work offline because they made it clear you couldn't print or screenshot them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron