Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
"Nope, not P6, not good." So if we got a transfer from Gonzaga that player's career would be invalid because he was not indeed in a P6 conference?

You're comparing a transfer from Gonzaga to a transfer from a team that hasnt made the NCAA tourney since 2014.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Young put up really good numbers against some bad teams and then somewhat disappeared against good teams. Conditt gave your team absolutely nothing after the first conference game of the season. In conference games, he had almost 3 times as many fouls (41) as he did blocked shots (15).

A guy that averaged 10 points and 4 rebounds in the Sun Belt is going to fix the issues that a team in the Big 12 has at the 3 or 4?

I already said Smith is good and would be the best of your transfer gets if he comes to ISU. He would immediately start at the 4.

You have a bunch of role players that would be 4th or 5th options on good teams. You are depending on the being 2nd or 3rd options.
Listen, we could go on and on about this. I'm not going to sit here and judge talent with you. It literally does not matter because nothing changes your opinion on Iowa State. You obviously have your stance and I have mine.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
He wasn't playing for Tulane! He was playing for Memphis!

And you are pinning your hopes of solving ISU's issues at the 3 or 4 on a guy that came from Troy.

You are way too full of hope just because some new bodies were added. You already said a few posts ago that you thought Iowa's roster this past year was terrible which proved to be incredibly wrong.

You either dont know a lot about basketball or must always think that ISU is going to be good and Iowa is going to be bad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're comparing a transfer from Gonzaga to a transfer from a team that hasnt made the NCAA tourney since 2014.
Memphis would've been a top 10 team had the NCAA not taken away their best player lol. Sit down.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You throw the term stud around a lot. He is a good player.

Johnson put up average numbers in the Sun Belt. Harris will just take minutes from Jackson's development. Coleman Lands has always killed Iowa so at least you have that.

Coleman Lands and Harris have played a combined 5 plus seasons of college basketball and the only type of recognition either have earned is Harris being named to the All-Freshman team in the AAC.
Smith is a stud but Garza is a liability because he disappears in games...oh Twins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And you are pinning your hopes of solving ISU's issues at the 3 or 4 on a guy that came from Troy.

You are way too full of hope just because some new bodies were added. You already said a few posts ago that you thought Iowa's roster this past year was terrible which proved to be incredibly wrong.

You either dont know a lot about basketball or must always think that ISU is going to be good and Iowa is going to be bad.
L.O.L.

Bro. just stop. No one is saying any of these guys are going to be saviors. They just need to provide something. And if you thought Iowa's team was going to be as good last year and thought Garza was going to be a POY candidate I would love to know the lottery numbers. You can be wrong on a take and know what you're talking about in general.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
L.O.L.

Bro. just stop. No one is saying any of these guys are going to be saviors. They just need to provide something. And if you thought Iowa's team was going to be as good last year and thought Garza was going to be a POY candidate I would love to know the lottery numbers. You can be wrong on a take and know what you're talking about in general.

Thats the thing though, you need a couple of saviors because outside of Bolton your returnees are pretty bad.

Depending on transfers that were recruited over or are on their 3rd program in 6 seasons along with unproven freshmen is not a recipe for success.

Good luck!

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Iowa fans are going to pray for transfers after this year... Iowa has 1 year...1....this year to do something.. anything relevant in college b-ball..

Iowa fans better pray Fran puts it all together and Garza stays healthy.. BC this is it for Iowa under Fran..

collegr b-ball and talent has deteriorated a lot in past several year and it will only get worse with new G league select..

take Garza away and this Iowa team is bubble team..

after this year and Garza, jobo, likely JW are all gone Iowa will return to .500 b-ball..

isu had a run of 6-7 years...

I’m not convinced Iowa is some FF team.. Garza is a stud but as we saw last year if he has a off game Iowa will lose that and no way Fran sticks to 8 man rotation this year...He has no choice last year... this year not the case

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa fans are going to pray for transfers after this year... Iowa has 1 year...1....this year to do something.. anything relevant in college b-ball..

Iowa fans better pray Fran puts it all together and Garza stays healthy.. BC this is it for Iowa under Fran..

collegr b-ball and talent has deteriorated a lot in past several year and it will only get worse with new G league select..

take Garza away and this Iowa team is bubble team..

after this year and Garza, jobo, likely JW are all gone Iowa will return to .500 b-ball..

isu had a run of 6-7 years...

I’m not convinced Iowa is some FF team.. Garza is a stud but as we saw last year if he has a off game Iowa will lose that and no way Fran sticks to 8 man rotation this year...He has no choice last year... this year not the case
Garza had 44 points in a game this year and Iowa lost by double digits.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Thats the thing though, you need a couple of saviors because outside of Bolton your returnees are pretty bad.

Depending on transfers that were recruited over or are on their 3rd program in 6 seasons along with unproven freshmen is not a recipe for success.

Good luck!
Solomon young is bad? Alright. And I think you're missing my entire point. If our transfers don't gel with the team or don't figure it out, we will not be good again. I think that they will, you think that they won't, we'll find out though.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Solomon young is bad? Alright. And I think you're missing my entire point. If our transfers don't gel with the team or don't figure it out, we will not be good again. I think that they will, you think that they won't, we'll find out though.

Returnees outside of Bolton as a whole.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Returnees outside of Bolton as a whole.
I honestly think the worst out of the returnees is Conditt. Jackson did pretty well last year on the back end as a shooter. Solomon was overall solid. I think saying collectively they're pretty bad is wrong. Collectively they were average.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

I think Solomon Young is a nice player. I don’t see isu having a lot of other size to help him though. That could lead to similar results if he gets in foul trouble or has an off night.

Yes Iowa lost when Garza scored 44 but they also won 20 games when he didn’t score 44.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think Solomon Young is a nice player. I don’t see isu having a lot of other size to help him though. That could lead to similar results if he gets in foul trouble or has an off night.

Yes Iowa lost when Garza scored 44 but they also won 20 games when he didn’t score 44.
I know man I was trolling lol. And yeah that could be an issue. That's where Conditt has to step up, XF needs to contribute some, and getting Smith would be huge.

JustAFleshWound

Apr 21, 2015
Conditt gave your team absolutely nothing after the first conference game of the season. In conference games, he had almost 3 times as many fouls (41) as he did blocked shots (15).
You point has some truth to it, but you picked a weird stat to use. Almost every player has more fouls than blocked shots, including big men.