Iowa Football Recruiting

May 27, 2020
Benji and Yeahbuddy were different. Benji is Brodie. Buddy is now Clarence
giphy.gif

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I’m old enough to remember when 247 composite mattered...

247 Composite:
1. Keagan Johnson .8809 IOWA
2. Brody Brecht .8659 IOWA
3. Arland Bruce IV .8655 IOWA
4. Jaylin Noel .8497 ISU
Jaylin will be reevaluated and will see an increase by 247. Don't count your chickens just yet.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009

247 Composite:
4. Jaylin Noel .8497 ISU
Does 247 composite include ESPN? If so then yikes. ESPN scouting sucks.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Jaylin will be reevaluated and will see an increase by 247. Don't count your chickens just yet.

He would have to jump over 350 spots in the composite rankings to catch up to Bruce, who is Iowa's lowest ranked WR recruit in the 2021 class.

The would be a significant increase.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
He would have to jump over 350 spots in the composite rankings to catch up to Bruce, who is Iowa's lowest ranked WR recruit in the 2021 class.

I don't disagree, but I'm not just saying things. That info is directly from Allen Trieu.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Noel has twice as many P5 offers than your best WR recruit lol

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Does 247 composite include ESPN? If so then yikes. ESPN scouting sucks.
Over and over it’s been said on here 247 composite is the only rankings that matter. Would you rather use 247 alone?

1. Keagan Johnson- 89
2. Brody Brecht- 87
3. Arland Bruce IV- 86
4. Jaylin Noel- 85

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Congrats on getting Noel. Love it when the Huskers get burned on the recruiting front.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

247 Composite:
4. Jaylin Noel .8497 ISU

LMAO. Looks to me like you hawks been getting your dicks hard on offers and how they are more important for quite sometime....
It looks like Iowa is also considered the leader now for C Michael Myslinski. He’s added offers from Texas, Florida State, and Michigan State over the last couple weeks. If Iowa could add Stephens, Myslinski, and one of Davidkov/Benny to go along with the Colby and Dunker commitments that would be a pretty incredible haul.

Iowa picked up a commitment from 3* Florida CB Jordan Oladokun today. Offers from Penn State, Virginia Tech, UNC, Pitt, Maryland, Iowa State, etc.

He’s HS teammates with high 3* RB Ricky Parks, and Iowa seems to be the heavy favorite there too. Iowa putting together another really nice class.

Sounds like Beau Stephens committed to Iowa. Offensive lineman with offers from LSU, Michigan, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, and a whole bunch of others.

Regardless, Stone was ranked in the 2,000s and had zero other power 5 offers and Ojemudia was in the 1,700s and only had Indiana has his only other power 5 offer. Parker is awesome at developing secondary players.

Iowa is crushing it so hard on the recruiting trail right now that a recruit from California with a half dozen P5 offers is calling Iowa his “dream school” even though Iowa hasn’t been in contact with him.

9/13 Iowa commits had ISU offers.
0/12 ISU commits had Iowa offers.

7/13 Iowa Commits had Nebraska Offers
1/5 Nebraska Commits had Iowa Offers

6/13 Iowa Commits had Minnesota Offers
4/13 Minnesota Commits had Iowa offers

1/13 Iowa Commits had Wisconsin Offers
3/10 Wisconsin Commits had Iowa Offers

Dang, Iowa’s lowest rated recruit no longer has the same number of P5 offers as Iowa State’s entire recruiting class. It was a good (and hilarious) run while it lasted.

He beat out a kid with offers from Michigan, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Penn State.

OH....that MAC level kid? The one with more P5 offers than the entire ISU TE corps? He might have some potential.

You have no idea what his "big board" looks like either. Even you understand that guys with other P5 options have a vastly greater chance of panning out then guys without P5 offers.

I would say a May offer is more impressive than a Dec. offer because you have missed on everyone else.

So would you rather have Iowa's class or ISU class to date? I mean I know the obvious answer, but will you say it. Imagine for a second an OL class of Davidkov, Colby, and Stephens. Then add in these players that CMC wanted Brecht, Bruce, Llewellyn, Bowie, Liddle, Oladokun and Harrell.

Keagan Johnson announcing tomorrow. Sounds like KF is going to steal one from Frost's back yard! Also had P5 offers from Kansas State and Iowa State.

As far as what is reported, yes. That's correct.

How many commits does Iowa State have with at least 4 P5 offers?

Rated higher than every commit in Iowa State's class AND more P5 offers than everyone besides Robert Army. Yikes

Also had Cal and Lousville offers. Pretty good QB schools. HS coach said he had a better arm than Goff. I'm not sure about that tho but I did hear that he has a really strong arm.

Sullivan has 3 P5 offers. How many of your current recruits have less than that? I'm not arguing one matters more or the other. But saying Sullivan isn't a P5 level recruit is silly.

I don't get how ISU fans can't see how this is a rough class so far for them? Last year CMC's first 13 commits included:

Bowman (Iowa offer)
Miller (Nebraska and lots of offers)
McDonald (Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, Wisconsin)
Pauls (Iowa, KState, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ok state)
Dekkers (K State, Purdue)
Rengert (Rutgers, Pitt, Virginia, WVU)
Wilson (Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri)
Hutchinson (Nebraska, Illinois, Oklahoma)

That is what a real recruiting class looks like, and that class still finished #46. This years CMC class looks nothing close to this. Sure there is time yet, but CMC better close with a fury on the last 10 guys or so (not sure how big of class ISU will take).

My bad, 7 out of 13. Right now how many of the 13 even have 1 other P5 offer, let alone decent offers?

Common man. You are trying to paint a kid with a single offer (from KU or NC State or Louisville) as the same as kids with multiple P5 offers?

Why would I want a recruit with no other major offers? I don't get it really, Iowa has done so well with it's QB recruiting lately this is just baffling. I'm not some ISU homer who is gonna cheer every recruit like they are the second coming just because coach offered. Heck Ferentz develops talent better than anyone in the biz, but like all coaches he does better with higher end players that multiple other D1 schools desire and see the obvious talent as well.

Why does everything have to be a d*** measuring contest when one team gets a guy? Do people not understand recruiting enough to know that the program itself is not always the reason why a guy commits to the team? Most of the time it's all about fit, even if the kid grew up being a huge fan of the school. If it doesn't feel right, they're going to choose the place that makes them feel more comfortable.

I realize we're on a message board and civil conversations essentially cease to exist, but it's stupid when I see either team get a good commitment and no one can go 5 seconds before someone throws a back handed compliment out there or something snarky / sarcastic.

Also, everyone gets so hung up on every single individual recruit and don't realize that so many of these guys never pan out anyway, and it ends up being someone you either didn't see coming at all within the class, or someone from the class before or the class after that pans out which eliminates the playing time from the individual you believed was going to be great.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Over and over it’s been said on here 247 composite is the only rankings that matter. Would you rather use 247 alone?

1. Keagan Johnson- 89
2. Brody Brecht- 87
3. Arland Bruce IV- 86
4. Jaylin Noel- 85
My comment really had nothing to do with the actual player rankings but I'd probably lean towards using 247s rankings. A composite is nice when one of it's major data inputs isn't absolute garbage.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You don’t have to believe me and you don’t need to know who I am. But I can tell you with 100% certainly you’re incorrect. A staff isn’t going to offer a kid then tell him “we’re kinda interested in you but we’re not actually interested in you, unless we don’t get these 4 other guys, then we might come back to you.” No, most staffs will have their guys, if their guys commit elsewhere then they’ll offer new guys they haven’t offered yet. It’s hilarious that once ISU got Jirehl, suddenly his offer to Iowa was non committable. Brock’s better than Goodson so I’m glad he didn’t choose Iowa. Let me guess, Xavier Foster didn’t have a committable iowa offer either?

Brock's offer was gone before he committed to ISU, it is well documented. Goodson committed to the Iowa coaches, and so Brock was told Iowa they were full. It was such common knowledge that this article came out weeks before Brock even committed to ISU.
https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...happened-jirehl-brock-and-hawkeyes/716054002/

All signs point to Iowa cancelling the visit — including this tweet from Brock's mother:

Not sure what is so hard about this for ISU fans to accept about this. Goodson committed and Brock was left no longer having an Iowa offer.

That didn't happen with Foster, Iowa wanted him badly. That didn't happen with Downing, Iowa wanted him badly. Each is it's own case, and in Brocks case he 100% no longer had an Iowa offer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Brock's offer was gone before he committed to ISU, it is well documented. Goodson committed to the Iowa coaches, and so Brock was told Iowa they were full. It was such common knowledge that this article came out weeks before Brock even committed to ISU.
https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...happened-jirehl-brock-and-hawkeyes/716054002/

All signs point to Iowa cancelling the visit — including this tweet from Brock's mother:

Not sure what is so hard about this for ISU fans to accept about this. Goodson committed and Brock was left no longer having an Iowa offer.

That didn't happen with Foster, Iowa wanted him badly. That didn't happen with Downing, Iowa wanted him badly. Each is it's own case, and in Brocks case he 100% no longer had an Iowa offer.

Iowa still wanted Brock on defense. It's been well documented on here by Iowa fans. Weak troll even for you Legend

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Iowa still wanted Brock on defense. It's been well documented on here by Iowa fans. Weak troll even for you Legend

Everyone knows Iowa didn't offer him on defense, I think you might have fallen for a troll there.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Everyone knows Iowa didn't offer him on defense, I think you might have fallen for a troll there.

Multiple Iowa posters on here said he had an offer on defense still. You have no credibility with recruiting you have been all over the board in the 2021 class I can only imagine how bad it was a year ago

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron