Iowa Football Recruiting

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I’m pretty sure that Nebraska and Iowa State were the only commitable offers at the time he trimmed his list to 2.

seems like a very similar conversation to this one.
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/iowa-football-recruiting.218752/page-1069#post-6312144

not sure why you’re getting all worked up about a guy not even rated in the top 900

HAHAHA, thanks for the reminder there. So back then it was what a kid is ranked (he stunk as a Iowa commit because he was ranked in the 900). Even though he had offers from bloods like Michigan, Penn St., Notre Dame, and Wisconsin and several others as well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
HAHAHA, thanks for the reminder there. So back then it was what a kid is ranked (he stunk as a Iowa commit because he was ranked in the 900). Even though he had offers from bloods like Michigan, Penn St., Notre Dame, and Wisconsin and several others as well.

A+

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I was told by a source pretty close to the Iowa program than an Iowa offer is committable until your position is full. But now I am hearing they stop recruiting guys before they have any commits at their position...

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I was told by a source pretty close to the Iowa program than an Iowa offer is committable until your position is full. But now I am hearing they stop recruiting guys before they have any commits at their position...

If Iowa offers and the kid commits on the spot, then it is his. If he waits, then Iowa will continuing to recruit other kids, in which at times they end up building better relationships with different kids and they can lose that spot. Iowa obviously does this as it offers about 100-150 kids each year and only typically signs 20-23 of them.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
who knows what he was looking at... but everything else points to only one clock with interchangeable inserts for the week...

So you don't think he would know what he has seen before? He was specific, he is a reporter who's identity is out there and is accountable for the things he posts and prints. I for one trust him over anonymous internet posters.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
“I can tell you this much, if the University of Iowa offers you a scholarship and you commit to us, we intend to sign you and we intend to take your commitment.”

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If Iowa offers and the kid commits on the spot, then it is his. If he waits, then Iowa will continuing to recruit other kids, in which at times they end up building better relationships with different kids and they can lose that spot. Iowa obviously does this as it offers about 100-150 kids each year and only typically signs 20-23 of them.

So....just like every other team ever then.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Today was a bad day for you Benji. Tomorrow will be better hopefully

If it’s offers that matter, how do you feel about 10/14 of Iowa State’s commits having one or zero P5 offers? You must really hate this class that CMC is putting together.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not sure you want to begin the exercise of comparing offers between the Iowa and Iowa State classes bud.
tenor.gif

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
So you don't think he would know what he has seen before? He was specific, he is a reporter who's identity is out there and is accountable for the things he posts and prints. I for one trust him over anonymous internet posters.
should be pretty easy then to find a photo or video such as I just posted then should it not? yet none apparently exist..... he's still a human and could have made a mental mistake easily...

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
should be pretty easy then to find a photo or video such as I just posted then should it not? yet none are apparently exist..... he's still a human and could have made a mental mistake easily...

Iowa fans tried photoshopping one at one point. Seriously lol