Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You just had to say it didn't you? You have any idea how much reliving that hurts?
Haha it actually is funny how many nut punches Iowa State and Iowa have had over the years. I apologize for bringing it up.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We were 7-5 and people were saying we didn't deserve to be playing 10-2 Notre Dame. They were not wrong. Iowa was a play away from going to the playoffs and people were saying they didn't belong.

In hindsight yes. Iowa got absolutely dismantled by Stanford. I was at the game and it was the most miserable (outside of the setting) game I've ever witnessed in my life.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In hindsight yes. Iowa got absolutely dismantled by Stanford. I was at the game and it was the most miserable (outside of the setting) game I've ever witnessed in my life.
It happens. It happens all the time. There are games where one team shows up and it feels like nothing can go wrong for them, while at the same time everything goes wrong for your team.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
It happens. It happens all the time. There are games where one team shows up and it feels like nothing can go wrong for them, while at the same time everything goes wrong for your team.
I'd say that was probably 10% of it.

90% was because we had the wrong cleats on.

Edit - drop 90 down to 85% and throw McCaffrey in at 5%.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I will admit, that Iowa was slipping and sliding all over the field that game and it was very noticeable, but my question is why did they have the wrong cleats on? That is still on KF and the team IMO. No excuse to have the wrong cleats.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Some smoke that Bollars will be announcing Wisconsin today. It'd be nice to officially move on, so hopefully it happens.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I will admit, that Iowa was slipping and sliding all over the field that game and it was very noticeable, but my question is why did they have the wrong cleats on? That is still on KF and the team IMO. No excuse to have the wrong cleats.
Yeah, probably no secret I'm a huge KF fanboy. But that one I'm still pretty mad at. He (and Greg Morris) really dropped the ball that day, and probably cost Iowa a shot at winning.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I completely understand that not having the correct footing is vital in sports, however that was not 90% of the reason why Iowa lost that football game in that capacity.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Ahh, clearing this thread up one troll by one has been nice. Who is next?
Some smoke that Bollars will be announcing Wisconsin today. It'd be nice to officially move on, so hopefully it happens.
ISU has put out a couple of more DE offers so that would make sense.

It has been Wisconsin for Bollers for a long time.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ahh, clearing this thread up one troll by one has been nice. Who is next?

ISU has put out a couple of more DE offers so that would make sense.

It has been Wisconsin for Bollers for a long time.

Yep, best to just get it over with at this point and move on. Bollers was never going to stay in state. Glad Iowa quit trying a long time ago.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
1. Why would I say "Yea, this guy ain't that committed"? I'm not in third grade. I don't have to "call it" when I see the certain signs. P.S. I read who ever posted "How committed is he?" as "Is he committed?" that's why I replied "Yes". My bad.
2. That is just not true. And you still didn't answer me.
3. Thank you.
1. You did say that he was your favorite commit. Which has to make this sting even more!
2. I don't know. If he's good enough the coaches will find a spot for him.
3. yw

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I believe PFF put out something about teams that have the most success with lower rated players coming out of high school, and Iowa is near the top of the list. What he's saying is true.
Hawks don’t believe PFF, so can’t be true