Attendance policy from JP...

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Will be interesting to see third market prices if the attendance cap holds
No sure I would trust any third market sites. Their fees will be outrageous. Stubhub messed with a lot of people and didn’t refund but offered coupons after NCAA.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Iowa has not released any sort of public limited capacity plan, so comparing ISU to Iowa seems silly at this point. Not that I am surprised, as Blum has always come off as irrationally hating Iowa to the point of ignoring common sense.

what IS concerning is only selling 22k tickets thus far. Like, big time concerning. I totally agree with the posters who suggested that he is try to use the supply side to sell more tickets. I don’t know if it’s health related or economics, but I saw 22k and thought it was a typo.

Reactions: FatNTired

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If we're going to put 30k in the stadium... we might as well put 60k in there.

30k will not help to mitigate a darn thing.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa has not released any sort of public limited capacity plan, so comparing ISU to Iowa seems silly at this point. Not that I am surprised, as Blum has always come off as irrationally hating Iowa to the point of ignoring common sense.

what IS concerning is only selling 22k tickets thus far. Like, big time concerning. I totally agree with the posters who suggested that he is try to use the supply side to sell more tickets. I don’t know if it’s health related or economics, but I saw 22k and thought it was a typo.

Considering we don't have to pay for them for a month yet, and student ticket sales probably haven't been included, it seems normal. How many have the hawkeyes sold? Or are you just running your mouth with nothing to report on the Iowa side, because that would be rather childish to do.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

Iowa sells around 48,000 season tickets each year and right now they are at a renewal rate of 65-70% (normally its 85-95%). Its safe to assume Iowa is probably in the same neighborhood at this moment than ISU.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Considering we don't have to pay for them for a month yet, and student ticket sales probably haven't been included, it seems normal. How many have the hawkeyes sold? Or are you just running your mouth with nothing to report on the Iowa side, because that would be rather childish to do.

Sorry, Brent

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa sells around 48,000 season tickets each year and right now they are at a renewal rate of 65-70% (normally its 85-95%). Its safe to assume Iowa is probably in the same neighborhood at this moment than ISU.

I see Iowa's deadline is Thursday, so they should naturally be way ahead of us on percentage of renewals.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

I know you’re really stupid and can’t help it, but this pandemic has caused a lot of fans to pause renewing. I myself waited till early May when normally it would be done in September. What are Iowa’s numbers currently?

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
I would like to hear why I should care about Iowa’s numbers. I am concerned about the iowa state budget in a big way right now.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Might as well let everyone in the stadium. It isn't as if there is something more safe about a crowd of 30,000 vs. a crowd of 60,000 (does this mean only 7,000 in Hilton, and half will be in the balcony?). And you'll have that many people in the parking lot in September anyway...

Would you rather have one guy shooting at you or two guys?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would like to hear why I should care about Iowa’s numbers. I am concerned about the iowa state budget in a big way right now.

Because you're a self proclaimed Iowa and Wisconsin fan who also "supports Iowa State whey they don't play Iowa"

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
But I imagine the 30k people are paying for seats in certain areas... Would you pay the $12k for a 50 yard line seat and then get told to be on the outer edges?
One can imagine there will be a group of people that are upset with the seats they are given. I wonder if the timing is such that they could bail out on their season tickets if they don't like their seat assignment. Maybe they will do some kind of game-by-game seat assignments so that the pain of worse seats is limited and shared.

Last edited: