Friday OT #2 - QuaranTV

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’ve been hardcore watching friends reruns. TBS has 5 hours every day and it’s on in the background when I work and Nick at Night runs another 6 hours at night and I usually catch a few episodes. It’s like I’m in an unending cycle of friends but portions of different seasons.

Reactions: Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cause home and bored I relented on the CBS streaming thingie with first month free. Been doing their Star Trek stuff. Watched Star Trek: Picard which was over-hyped but okay. Into season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery which is also okay. Production values are good with the special effects being top notch, it's no cheesy SyFy Channel junk. Beats my "Mediocre Sci-fi is better than no sci-fi" mantra as this is at least decent B level. The main downside is me wanting to space the main character out an airlock. :eek: Her never-ending character arch of discovery/growth/redemption, or whatever they are going for, is tiresome**. Like a lot of the supporting peeps though, they are more interesting and wish a couple of them would get some time on screen.

** I seem to have an issue with some shows main characters. :rolleyes: Stopped watching Longmire after a while. Hated him. Didn't get past more than a couple episodes of Yellowstone, same issue.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have been meaning over and over to start that - it's with Kristen Bell, right? I've heard it's fantastic!

Yes, Kristen Bell and Ted Danson are two of the main characters. It's in no way similar to P&R or The Office (not a mockumentary style). However, it's still good. I will say, the plot takes lots of turns. Generally each season sees a major plot twist, but they are also self-contained.

It's been an enjoyable watch, but also hasn't blown me away. I would definitely recommend it though.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The Last Dance on ESPN has been awesome being there are no sports on right now and I grew up a big fan of the Bulls.

Been digging through my DVR on stuff I recorded and have never got around to and finally watched the Brady House renovation on HGTV that was really interesting. My kindergartner actually enjoyed it too so we showed her a couple episodes of the original Brady Bunch TV show after that and now that is all she wants to watch.

Really looking forward to the new season of Yellowstone that starts June 21st.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Finished watching Sopranos last week. Never watched when it was out originally (too cheap for HBO).

Started Banshee - it's okay. Lots of gratuitous violence. Also sex. Also sex mixed with violence.

Still planning on doing Rockford Files start-to-finish. I have seasons 1, 2 and 3. Probably get started in a couple months. Love the characters, especially Angel and Rocky.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Got sucked into a Star Trek black hole...We watched all of TNG then Enterprise. We are watching the Last Dance. We want to watch Yellowstone thanks for the reminder CYdTracked

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Huge into Mini-sequester right now:

Also Ozark, Tiger King, going back through old Big Brother seasons, Big Brother Canada seasons, Survivor seasons, Sopranos.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Did you see Ted the lawyer passed away?

I did. It made me so sad, it sounds like he was just an amazing man. And had found happiness.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Because of the current season of Survivor (Winners at War with 20 former winners), I've been binging the early seasons of Survivor to refresh my memory of some of the players. All of the seasons are on Hulu, but with one small detail. For some reason, they are missing one or two episodes of each season. You can pick up what you missed from the "previously on Survivor" or by reading about the missed episodes on the Survivor wiki, but it's annoying!

Help Support Us

Become a patron