Iowa Football Recruiting

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I know you think this somehow discounts Hall's skill but this actually makes him look better. Crazy he even averaged that much against elite defenses with a below average at best OL.

Im not discounting his skill at all. Hall was good as a freshman and has a chance to be really good. However, claiming that he is clearly better than Goodson based on stats, when those stats are inflated by Hall playing mostly terrible defenses, is idiotic.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
You're right Iowa's players would do better vs a top 5 schedule instead of their 30th ranked schedule. You are so bad at this it isn't even fun. You try way too hard
Iowa actually played a harder schedule then ISU by every measure

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Im not discounting his skill at all. Hall was good as a freshman and has a chance to be really good. However, claiming that he is clearly better than Goodson based on stats, when those stats are inflated by Hall playing mostly terrible defenses, is idiotic.
If someone i used the term "idiotic" you'd be all faux butt hurt Benji.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Why aren't you mentioning the fact Goodson ran behind on OL with several NFL level players on it? Seems odd?

And not one player on the OL that Hall ran behind will probably ever make an NFL roster.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
They have one decent year and they start yanking their nuts like they won the title. Big ten has been one of the poorest conferences over the last five years.

The West teams just stopped scheduling other Power 5 teams. Here is a list of Power 5 non-con games played by the top 4 Big 10 West teams:

Iowa@ISU....

list over

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Hall's a good RB, but I agree he thrived against bad Ds. Goodson's the better RB, still, it's pretty close.

I mean we hear it all the time, schedule matters a ton to ISU fans. Why is it so hard for them to understand one player played well against good defenses and the other didn't play many good defenses.

Last edited: