JTS Improvements - Want More

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Didn't Paul Rhoads focus on the weight room in his Bergstrom addition? I don't remember them talking about the locker room being "state of the art" like they did about the weight room.
Not saying Paul would have wanted a lounge because I doubt he did . Even if he did, he wasn't getting one. It was hard raising funds for that project so Paul did what he does and covered for the lack of funds by saying "we don't need a lounge". Spin, I guess but better than saying "we will take what we can get" even though that is how they felt.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I drove by the stadium yesterday and it looks like they imght be doing some demo work inside the Olsen Building. Maybe so they can minimize the time that the Olsen Building looks like it is being demo'd. Move quickly from Olsen Building to the new Pavilion.

Anybody know for sure?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I drove by the stadium yesterday and it looks like they imght be doing some demo work inside the Olsen Building. Maybe so they can minimize the time that the Olsen Building looks like it is being demo'd. Move quickly from Olsen Building to the new Pavilion.

Anybody know for sure?

I was under the impression that Olsen will be standing until they finish the performance center since several teams still use the building for training

https://www.amestrib.com/news/20200222/regents-issue-nearly-60m-in-bonds-for-for-major-athletic-projects-at-isu[URL]https://www.amestrib.com/news/20200222/regents-issue-nearly-60m-in-bonds-for-for-major-athletic-projects-at-isu[/URL]

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I was under the impression that Olsen will be standing until they finish the performance center since several teams still use the building for training

https://www.amestrib.com/news/20200...-bonds-for-for-major-athletic-projects-at-isuhttps://www.amestrib.com/news/20200...-bonds-for-for-major-athletic-projects-at-isu

"The Olsen building currently is home to the Olympic sports weight rooms throughout the off-season for Olympic sports such as soccer, softball, tennis, Jorgensen said. There will not be a disturbance in their off-season training as their training will be moved to the Jacobson Building."

This quote from the article would seem to indicate that they are moving out of Olsen and into Jacobson. Perhaps to start the demo from the inside out. I may try to drive by again this weekend to take a better look.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Anybody know for sure?

They are starting to do some demo work inside of olsen, they started the beginning of April.
Olympic sports have been/in process of moving into the Jacobson building. There is some remodeling in Jacobson that needs to be done for the complete move of the olypmic sports but they are working in the areas they aren't in, in the Olsen building.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

So, what is the plan? Is the NE hillside gone for fans? Or is it going to be rebuilt? I remember hearing Pollard say something about improving the north hillsides, but this seems rather drastic.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So, what is the plan? Is the NE hillside gone for fans? Or is it going to be rebuilt? I remember hearing Pollard say something about improving the north hillsides, but this seems rather drastic.

The North hillsides had to be reshaped due to the walkway that will connect the east and west concourses. When it's all done it will have a more closed/bowled in feel to it.

Reactions: SEIACyclone

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
The North hillsides had to be reshaped due to the walkway that will connect the east and west concourses. When it's all done it will have a more closed/bowled in feel to it.

I think you are right. Before they hillsides dropped off as you moved towards the Jacobson building and now they will be built up higher so I assume some sort of wall is being added. So it should probably make for a better view from the hillside I would imagine.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We drove by there yesterday to check out the construction, its really going to be an impressive structure once it is finished. The North entrance will be great for fans to enter the game. It also looked like they are doing earthwork on the skywalk over University St. on the east side of the street by where they put in the new intermural fields.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They are adding a exclusive tunnel so opposing teams marching bands can exit safely and directly to their busses.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We drove by there yesterday to check out the construction, its really going to be an impressive structure once it is finished. The North entrance will be great for fans to enter the game. It also looked like they are doing earthwork on the skywalk over University St. on the east side of the street by where they put in the new intermural fields.

Yeah I drove by on Thursday but couldn't decide if the work was being done for the intramural fields or the pedestrian bridge. It almost looked to me like they were putting in a building over in that area.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
They are adding a exclusive tunnel so opposing teams marching bands can exit safely and directly to their busses.

Maybe something like the Spinal Tap back-stage maze!

SEIACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2017
Thanks.

First, so the current work is just essentially a reshaping of the hillside? Or is there something else that is being done too?

Second, will they do something similar on the NW corner? I imagine that will be tricky with the player tunnel.

The hillside has always sloped towards the Jacobson building. With the wall being built behind, Everything should be sloping more towards the field instead of towards the building.

Last edited:
Reactions: STLISU

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Yeah I drove by on Thursday but couldn't decide if the work was being done for the intramural fields or the pedestrian bridge. It almost looked to me like they were putting in a building over in that area.

It looked like yesterday that the fields on the east side are finished and they were watering the grass when we drove by. If did look like they were building some type of structure on the east side of the highway, I just figured that would be the base of the bridge. It might be something else.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron