William small leaving?

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Hoiberg didn’t stress defense but you were never out of a game with his half court sets on offense. If you watch Prohm’s first couple years, you see guys vacating open spots and executing pick and rolls much better than they have in the last few years. A lot of standing around and one on one offense with Prohm these last couple years.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hoiberg didn’t stress defense but you were never out of a game with his half court sets on offense. If you watch Prohm’s first couple years, you see guys vacating open spots and executing pick and rolls much better than they have in the last few years. A lot of standing around and one on one offense with Prohm these last couple years.
Well Prohm actually used Hoiberg's sets for the first two years he was the coach.. He didn't want to change anything on the offensive end in case of confusion so he left everything in place.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
People must not watch a lot of college basketball outside of ISU if they think that our offense was stagnate or not very good the past few seasons.

Our offense is fine.

Our defense was offensive.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
People must not watch a lot of college basketball outside of ISU if they think that our offense was stagnate or not very good the past few seasons.

Our offense is fine.

Thanks to sports betting, I watched more College Basketball this year than ever before. What you're saying 100% holds water. Iowa State is not a bad offensive team. We were a bad shooting team for like 3/4 of the year though.

Reactions: Doc

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Thanks to sports betting, I watched more College Basketball this year than ever before. What you're saying 100% holds water. Iowa State is not a bad offensive team. We were a bad shooting team for like 3/4 of the year though.
We were just plain bad this year. No other way to cut it. I can't see it getting better next year without major contributions from true freshmen. Still hoping for a big recruit to come through but it seems like most are passing us up.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
We were just plain bad this year. No other way to cut it. I can't see it getting better next year without major contributions from true freshmen. Still hoping for a big recruit to come through but it seems like most are passing us up.

I think we will be better next year because the freshman, and other than Haliburton we didn’t lose anyone that isn’t replaceable/upgradable. As it stands now the biggest question is PG and depth. I trust that Dubar or Blackwell can play the wing. Who knows, maybe Young or Foster end up being good at the 4(which would be huge), but that’s where I see Johnson at the moment. If we get super lucky Walker ends up being a Haliburton clone like Prohm said and can play PG, but I’m not holding my breath on that one until we hear more in practice.

I haven’t lost complete faith on bringing some guys in to fill the final four scholarships, but it’s getting tougher by the day. Hoping for a miracle with Turner and Carton and/or some guys we don’t know about yet.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think we will be better next year because the freshman, and other than Haliburton we didn’t lose anyone that isn’t replaceable/upgradable. As it stands now the biggest question is PG and depth. I trust that Dubar or Blackwell can play the wing. Who knows, maybe Young or Foster end up being good at the 4(which would be huge), but that’s where I see Johnson at the moment. If we get super lucky Walker ends up being a Haliburton clone like Prohm said and can play PG, but I’m not holding my breath on that one until we hear more in practice.

I haven’t lost complete faith on bringing some guys in to fill the final four scholarships, but it’s getting tougher by the day. Hoping for a miracle with Turner and Carton and/or some guys we don’t know about yet.

Halliburton was preternaturally good from the start and got better and better as he went along, almost game to game, for the 1.75 seasons he played.

That being said, I am not sure I would have wanted to hand him the keys his first game as a Cyclone. He had NWB around, and I think we would all take Nick back to run the point if we had the option next year. Giving a true freshman PG duties from his first game, even a supremely talented one like Tyrese, is probably a bit much.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I understand that the pay is half what he is getting in Ames, but let's face it, he has to see the writing on the wall. And if he wants a head coaching gig, its probably as good of time as any.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I understand that the pay is half what he is getting in Ames, but let's face it, he has to see the writing on the wall. And if he wants a head coaching gig, its probably as good of time as any.

Man thats alot of bread to leave on the table!!

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
It still blows my mind how many people can't spell Haliburton.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Our offense is fine.

Right on. Even though two of the past three are the worst in the last 10 years, not bad overall.

However, if you can’t teach defense, you need to be really ******* good on offense.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA

Our offense is fine.

What's the most efficient shot in college basketball? Oh .. and what was our team shooting% of that shot?

Long misses lead to run-outs ..... That's the one thing we were awesome at last year on offense, throwing up bricks that led to easy points on the other end.

Reactions: CyState85