Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Are you really this close-minded? Everybody leases their vehicle? What about the person whose car is worth $5000- $6000 and has an engine or transmission go out? You're going to tell them to spend $2000-$3000 on their vehicle that's worth 2X the repair bill because COVID 19? And even if you are WTF is the difference between the number of people involved repairing the vehicle versus just buying a new one?

What are you talking about, another poster said people had to renew their leased vehicle because the terms were up. Just extend the lease until this is over.
If the person is at home, then he should be fine, with a vehicle that has engine problems.

Again, you are making excuses of why this cannot be done, but most states already have closed everything down but groceries and gas stations. Here, if you think you should stay open, hell, we let you.

Neither side right now, know the correct path to follow, but its really looking like shutting it down, is looking better every passing day.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
People might need car to go buy food, get medicine, go to a hospital, take another person to a hospital, take medicine to another person, take food to another person, etc. Some of those things could mean life or death. People need cars in America, it's pretty hard to live without them.

Transportation is a necessary business. Drugstores, food, hardware and most places anywhere that sells firearms and/or ammo have been deemed necessary. If you want to question something, I would question the guns, but militia rights I guess.

I never said that they did not need a vehicle, I said they do not need to purchase a NEW vehicle. Why are showrooms still open?

Some seem to believe that by not allowing new vehicles to be sold, that we will all be left without a vehicle to get groceries, get medicine, or take someone to the hospital. What a load of crap.
Most families today have 2 vehicles, so if one is not running they can get by for a while

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I never said that they did not need a vehicle, I said they do not need to purchase a NEW vehicle. Why are showrooms still open?

Some seem to believe that by not allowing new vehicles to be sold, that we will all be left without a vehicle to get groceries, get medicine, or take someone to the hospital. What a load of crap.
Most families today have 2 vehicles, so if one is not running they can get by for a while
Close dealerships, keep autobody shops open

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Referring to this I assume.
This guy claims there were probably 100 people standing outside.
There are definitely small groups of people in the pictures he took, but it doesn’t look that terrible to me.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Referring to this I assume.
This guy claims there were probably 100 people standing outside.
There are definitely small groups of people in the pictures he took, but it doesn’t look that terrible to me.

I doubt that is a sanctioned gathering and the police would be well within there rights to go break it up for any number of reasons, but if you aren't willing to enforce you are going to see stuff like this.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I doubt that is a sanctioned gathering and the police would be well within there rights to go break it up for any number of reasons, but if you aren't willing to enforce you are going to see stuff like this.
Nothing to enforce no actual stay at home or whatever you want to call it, just a recommendation.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

My bad. I forgot Reynolds issued an edict that vehicles cannot break down.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

Not all, but some. Families? What about single people? Divorced?

There are just going to be circumstances when people will NEED to buy a car.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Close dealerships, keep autobody shops open

To fix salvaged vehicles? It took 3 weeks to get a $3000 dent out of my car, how long will it take to fix a totaled car that you won't be able to insure when everyone has to get their car fixed instead of replaced?

You guys are just off on this one.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Nothing to enforce no actual stay at home or whatever you want to call it, just a recommendation.
Yeah, except for the no gatherings over ten people you're right, plus any number of local ordinances you could sight to break up something like that. Nope, nothing at all to stop that from happening.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Yeah, except for the no gatherings over ten people you're right, plus any number of local ordinances you could sight to break up something like that. Nope, nothing at all to stop that from happening.
And what law is there to actually enforce that right now? Saying it doesn’t mean it’s legally enforceable until you enact and actual act deeming it actually illegal.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
To fix salvaged vehicles? It took 3 weeks to get a $3000 dent out of my car, how long will it take to fix a totaled car that you won't be able to insure when everyone has to get their car fixed instead of replaced?

You guys are just off on this one.
When my Jag is broke down I just tell my chauffeur to bring up the Bentley instead. I don’t see a problem here.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And what law is there to actually enforce that right now? Saying it doesn’t mean it’s legally enforceable until you enact and actual act deeming it actually illegal.
I'm not a legal expert, but whatever law gives the governor the right to make proclamations during a public health emergency. Is it legally challengeable, maybe. I don't know. It may be the reason why a lot of states who have declared shelter in place or stay at home or whatever have said they are not actually going to try and enforce anything.

One thing I do know for a fact, the police can and have chased people off the loop. I'm sure they could sight numerous local laws to do that. I doubt very much this is a permitted event.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm not a legal expert, but whatever law gives the governor the right to make proclamations during a public health emergency. Is it legally challengeable, maybe. I don't know. It may be the reason why a lot of states who have declared shelter in place or stay at home or whatever have said they are not actually going to try and enforce anything.

One thing I do know for a fact, the police can and have chased people off the loop. I'm sure they could sight numerous local laws to do that. I doubt very much this is a permitted event.
The loop?

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Lots of talk about the states without Stay at Home orders on the national news. I live in a state with one. What you are doing right now in Iowa is no different than what we are doing. No dine in, no haircuts, no tattoos, ... Lots of things saying they are essential. Lots of stupid people not practicing social distancing. Lots of new people out exercising.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana

Here in Indiana the county health departments seem to have a lot of weight. They are the ones that seem to be shutting down large gatherings.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The loop?
Lol! Yeah, it's just what they call driving in circles around grand and locust in downtown Des Moines. Something to do when you're a bored teenager. It's been a thing since like the 70s in Des Moines. It's called scooping the loop.

Reactions: ruflosn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron