NBA Shutting down for a month

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
For anyone interested, nba.com is giving free access right now to classic games (though way too few).

Reactions: Doc

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah...their season won't be back.

Holding out hope for something - anything - by late June but who knows. I'd be curious to see how a postseason would even look in that scenario. Best of five or three, or maybe even going to the extreme of single elimination? That actually might be kind of cool to watch. No margin of error for the favorites; just a full on sprint to the finish.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Holding out hope for something - anything - by late June but who knows. I'd be curious to see how a postseason would even look in that scenario. Best of five or three, or maybe even going to the extreme of single elimination? That actually might be kind of cool to watch. No margin of error for the favorites; just a full on sprint to the finish.
Heard somebody on the radio today theorizing that they could get started by using the Abbot Labs tests before every game on everybody and playing all games in a centralized location. LOL. After the first positive result they'd just be shut down again I would have to believe.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Heard somebody on the radio today theorizing that they could get started by using the Abbot Labs tests before every game on everybody and playing all games in a centralized location. LOL. After the first positive result they'd just be shut down again I would have to believe.

They could play it in Vegas like the summer league. Maybe get some physically distanced action going. Sounds good to me.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
How John Paxson and Gar Foreman have survived this long and performed as poorly as they have is mystery.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How John Paxson and Gar Foreman have survived this long and performed as poorly as they have is mystery.
Gar got demoted, and I expect Paxon will get promoted to some newly created role with less basketball decision making.

Help Support Us

Become a patron