AT&T Just Killed Off DirecTV For Good

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
People still use that?
Yes people like my parents who complain about their direct tv bill going up but resist switching to a much cheaper alternative. Showed my dad the youtube tv app and he asked how they could possibly offer everything they did for 50 a month. Told him I figured it was because that was actually a reasonable price and cable and dish providers have just been screwing everybody because they could get away with it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I can't remember if my mom had Direct TV or Dish but when she moved and the guy was attempting to hook it up he mentioned that they were going to be moving away from the TV service to focus more on streaming

Which leads to another topic, what happens to all the DirecTV service techs? Streaming doesn't require someone to setup or install anything.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Which leads to another topic, what happens to all the DirecTV service techs? Streaming doesn't require someone to setup or install anything.
Get a job with an ISP or go the way of vacuum tube technicians

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
We still have DirecTV. Mainly because we live outside of town and every year I call to cancel, they just drop the bill down to match streaming services.

Internet service has improved to the point that we can and do stream, but for the price, we haven't switched.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/03/07/att-directv-now-only-rural-areas/4974530002/

This is hilarious. They're no longer going to market DirecTV except for rural areas but instead focus on their streaming service. The only problem is they've setup their streaming service with the same issues that have caused DirecTV to fail. It's the definition of insanity.

Plus they have enough former pissed off customers like myself that will use every other streaming service before they would even consider giving them another dime. I find it hilarious. DTV effed their customers for years and now they are on the receiving end.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Plus they have enough former pissed off customers like myself that will use every other streaming service before they would even consider giving them another dime. I find it hilarious. DTV effed their customers for years and now they are on the receiving end.
we quit Directv because when a family member got youtubeTV they said "hey, you can have multiple accounts for the price of one" and gave us the service for free. all we did was increase our internet data by $50/month which was well worth the offsetting redction of $125/month for directv.

• Agree
Reactions: ruflosn

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/03/07/att-directv-now-only-rural-areas/4974530002/

This is hilarious. They're no longer going to market DirecTV except for rural areas but instead focus on their streaming service. The only problem is they've setup their streaming service with the same issues that have caused DirecTV to fail. It's the definition of insanity.

I've had ATT Now (Formally DirecTV Now) for a few years and have had zero issues or complaints. Channel lineup is perfect for me, and I have little to no streaming issues.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I've had ATT Now (Formally DirecTV Now) for a few years and have had zero issues or complaints. Channel lineup is perfect for me, and I have little to no streaming issues.

AT&T Now is certainly better than AT&T TV which is basically a streaming version of DirecTV. It's only a matter of time until AT&T Now goes away and you can only get AT&T TV.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron