***Big 12 Wrestling Thread***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So jacked! Wish I could be there. Found out I can borrow a log in for ESPN +. What’s the best way to do this? Follow track on my phone to know what mat to click on and watch when our guys are up? Can you open two windows on ESPN + when we have multiple guys going at once?

Reactions: stuclone

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
So jacked! Wish I could be there. Found out I can borrow a log in for ESPN +. What’s the best way to do this? Follow track on my phone to know what mat to click on and watch when our guys are up? Can you open two windows on ESPN + when we have multiple guys going at once?
Follow on track or flo for mat assignments and not really sure on the ESPN+ since I've never used it. What I've done in the past for NCAAs on ESPN3 is just pick who I want to watch if we had multiple going at once. I'd think you could open multiple windows and bounce back and forth though.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
ESPN+ will have 5 feeds for the first three sessions -- each of the 4 mats, plus a "multiview" feed (which I assume will be a quad-box of all 4 mats).

The finals will be live on FSN (6 p.m. Sunday). Check local listings for which regions/channels are carrying it.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Preliminary brackets. We'll see if they hold.

Might be a dumb question, and this might change, but why do a lot of the high seeds (1-4) wrestle the first round while the low seeds (5-8) get byes into the quarters? Makes no sense to me.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Might be a dumb question, and this might change, but why do a lot of the high seeds (1-4) wrestle the first round while the low seeds (5-8) get byes into the quarters? Makes no sense to me.

They seed the top 8. The other guys are drawn into the brackets. Each quarter has two seeded wrestlers, one unseeded, and one bye.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Random thoughts from newer fan:

That bracket at 49 seems the toughest.

33 seems the deepest.

I don’t see Ian not making the finals

Mackall needs to and can to redeem that loss to Schwarm

I would love to see David roll through that thing but idk if it will happen or not. Not holding my breath. Nationals is the big one

I hope Coleman just makes some noise

A semi final with Gremmel against that fresno kid would be more than interesting.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
NCAA rules mandate byes be randomly drawn so as to not unfairly provide an advantage. Dresser has likely recently became aware of this rule.