The Fran fade

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I think they're just meh. But their schedule has been brutal. They have some decent talent but little depth is one of their main problems. Oturu is a beast but tends to wear out late. If he comes back next year they should be good. They're kind of a basketball version of the Cyclones football team.
I don't understand how any Big10 fan can sit there and say "their schedule has been brutal" or "Big 10 is a grind, its the best conference" blah blah when you don't even play every team twice. What a joke

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't understand how any Big10 fan can sit there and say "their schedule has been brutal" or "Big 10 is a grind, its the best conference" blah blah when you don't even play every team twice. What a joke
That's how a ton of conferences work though.. Top to bottom the Big 10 is the toughest conference, but there looks to be a bunch of good teams and not any great teams.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkFan1

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You think they should play 26 conference games? Then you'd ***** when 16 win teams get in the tournament ahead of 20 win teams with schedules loaded with cupcakes.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
That's how a ton of conferences work though.. Top to bottom the Big 10 is the toughest conference, but there looks to be a bunch of good teams and not any great teams.
Well put. The playing every team twice argument is just dumb. Arguing about conference size is also dumb. Just on quantity of teams in the tournament the BIG 10 might have 1 or two teams make a decent run in the tourney but we really don't have any threats at the title. Possible but I'd be surprised if any get past Elite 8 territory.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Well put. The playing every team twice argument is just dumb. Arguing about conference size is also dumb. Just on quantity of teams in the tournament the BIG 10 might have 1 or two teams make a decent run in the tourney but we really don't have any threats at the title. Possible but I'd be surprised if any get past Elite 8 territory.

I love playing every team twice in basketball and every team in football. But obviously that isn't an option in bigger conferences so it is what it is.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How the Big 12 is currently set up combined with the usual strength of almost all of the teams leads to an incredibly tough conference schedule. This year that's not the case with the conference being down. Using that as an argument to say a conference isn't tough is not fair though considering we're one of the only P5 conferences that does it that way.

And yeah I'd venture to say there are 5 teams that I'd say could make the Sweet 16. I think maybe 1-2 could get by that round. I don't know if there is going to be a Final 4 team though. But, it doesn't matter what I think because madness is going to happen. Teams that I think can make the Sweet 16 might get knocked out first round and a team like Illinois or Rutgers could make it to the Elite 8. It's beautiful chaos.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No. But I think you should bet against them.
I bet Iowa +8 @ Sparty.. I was screaming when Garza fouled Cassius at the end for no reason other than frustration. Thought there was no way he was going to miss his 3rd FT of the night there.