AD’s tweet calling out ISU fans

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Jamie is pedestrian, which is fine, but he is whiny. This tweet was a terrible look, and embodies his thin skin and was a super drawn out and petty I told you so, made even worse because as many have pointed out, it wasn't even a concrete defense of strategy given our lack of execution in the TCU game.

Those who speak to Pollard's growth of ISU AD spend, facilities, etc, yes he's done some good things, but he's actually had tailwinds. 1. Our baseline was so low. Our facilities and spend was minor league, so easy to be better. 2. Spend, facilities have increased everywhere given the tv growth in the last 15 years. Growing isn't commendable if everyone is growing, it's status quo. Out pacing others in your given success criteria is success.

I liken it to an investment manager. Sure he returned 15% last year, but the broader market returned 20%. We should be grading on alpha, or lack thereof, not return.

Long story short, if he left and we hired a more dynamic forward looking AD, I'd be in favor, but I'd thank him for his steady and solid years of service on the way out.

P.s. I hate this entertainment district idea. I think he's severely overestimating Power and Light, Epicenter (in Charlotte) and similar districts. I'd much rather simply provide space for food trucks, beer trucks, to make a brewery style, more casual, less gaudy, less capital intensive solution which can scale up, and more importantly DOWN...
Agree 100% with this post. Well said, very objective.

You’ll get crushed by the dorkfest of Pollard loyalists though :D

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
agreed, prohms only good season at Murray St was his 1st year with Kennedy’s recruits. Sounds familiar?

I get that the group think mentality has made things like facts inconvenient, therefore cast aside in the stream of directing talking points.

but lies like this one make you look stupid.

they played in a one bid league. If you lose the conference tournament you don’t make the NCAA.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyBobby

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Agree 100% with this post. Well said, very objective.

You’ll get crushed by the dorkfest of Pollard loyalists though :D

You really think Trent is objective?

I would suppose his bragging about throwing urine on a Wisconsin fan would be a selling point to someone like you.

• Dislike

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don't suppose Prohm did any of the recruiting while on Kennedy's staff?

Imagine being so willfully spiteful you lose the ability to perform something as simple as a google search. And refuse to use anything approaching reason and logic.

then you have the rest of the “fans” suckling at the teat of an unabashed hawk fan, because they were pissed for being called out for their behavior by an AD.

crazy times. You have to wonder how the rest of their lives must look if they actively seek misery in a voluntary pursuit.

• Dislike