Sign of a good Coach

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I have zero doubt that Pollard wanted to hire Otz and would have if it weren’t for Leath.
If true then **** Leath. He couldn’t keep his nose out of Auburn athletics and thats what got him fired there. They did the right thing or Leath I’m sure would have destroyed Auburn football.

Reactions: CoKane

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Wait....so other teams lose a large amount of players and can rebound to be in contention for an NCAA the next year? I was told it’s impossible.

No, Texas Tech’s a basketball powerhouse...oh wait.

Is anyone else tired of the “well historically, Iowa State only makes the tournament 50% of the time so that’s what we should expect” mentality?

When you have a good coach like Beard, Drew, and others - history doesn’t mean ****.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
No, Texas Tech’s a basketball powerhouse...oh wait.

Is anyone else tired of the “well historically, Iowa State only makes the tournament 50% of the time so that’s what we should expect” mentality?

When you have a good coach like Beard, Drew, and others - history doesn’t mean ****.
It’s the same that if it were up to them we would still have Paul Rhoads because we can’t expect better and can’t get better.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneworld

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
I have zero doubt that Pollard wanted to hire Otz and would have if it weren’t for Leath.

Pollard and Manchow traveled to SDSU to be there for TJ’s first home game as a head coach. To me, that says a lot about how JP regards TJ.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
Pollard and Manchow traveled to SDSU to be there for TJ’s first home game as a head coach. To me, that says a lot about how JP regards TJ.
That is true and I hope you’re right. But yet Pollard gave SP an extension last year, and yesterday went on Twitter to defend SP and call out ISU fans. That worries me that Pollard is all in on SP.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyputz

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Solo getting a good amount of looks tells me there was some kind of coaching going on.. a good coach probably would have had getting it to him a priority from day one. It shouldn’t of taken Haliburton getting injured to look for other offensive options. Or a lineup that might be competitive. Bane is going to make short work of our tiny guards tonight.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Whenever Prohm's time is done here, whether that is after this season on his own accord or after next year or years from now...if Pollard is still here I will be shocked if TJ isn't our next coach. Or I guess I should say will be shocked if he isn't at the top of the list.

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Solo getting a good amount of looks tells me there was some kind of coaching going on.. a good coach probably would have had getting it to him a priority from day one. It shouldn’t of taken Haliburton getting injured to look for other offensive options. Or a lineup that might be competitive. Bane is going to make short work of our tiny guards tonight.

tenor.gif

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Threads like this make me sick...

Let's list the top 8 players to play in Saturday's game.

1. Jahmi'us Ramsey TTU
2. Davide Moretti TTU
3. Terrence Shannon TTU
4. Solomon Young ISU
5. Kyler Edwards TTU
6. TJ Holyfield TTU
7. Chris Clarke TTU
8. Rasir Bolton ISU

I know it's not a great excuse, but ISU was not supposed to win this game. It was not supposed to be close. Tech has WAY more talent than we do. It's not even close.

We were in the game for 10 minutes; we were actually up 18 - 17. When our bench came in, WOOF. I don't understand the hype for Terrence Lewis. I don't. He's passable on offense, but his effort and unawareness of defense renders him UNPLAYABLE. Once he and a few other bench players got it, the points began to pile on and there was no hope of a comeback.

I believe Prohm is a good coach, he has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but he has shown progress and ability to change. THAT'S HUGE.

Think about this....

This forum was going NUTS over a recruit last year. He was our top target in the spring and every one thought we needed him. He would have been our prized recruit over Tre Jackson and ISU may not have even gone after Grill if he committed.

That recruit is Clarence Nadolny. He played 5 mins in garbage time on Saturday and he rarely plays critical minutes for TTU.

ISU starts Tre Jackson, a guy ISU fans believed to be lesser than Nadolny, and we rely on him for production and to win games. Some of our starters are lesser than the end of TTU's bench.

This won't be the case next year. We will probably go 8-10/9-9 next year, but that's called growth.

ISU will grow and I believe in Prohm.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

1. Jahmi'us Ramsey TTU
2. Davide Moretti TTU
3. Terrence Shannon TTU
4. Solomon Young ISU
5. Kyler Edwards TTU
6. TJ Holyfield TTU
7. Chris Clarke TTU
8. Rasir Bolton ISU

I know it's not a great excuse, but ISU was not supposed to win this game. It was not supposed to be close. Tech has WAY more talent than we do. It's not even close.

We were in the game for 10 minutes; we were actually up 18 - 17. When our bench came in, WOOF. I don't understand the hype for Terrence Lewis. I don't. He's passable on offense, but his effort and unawareness of defense renders him UNPLAYABLE. Once he and a few other bench players got it, the points began to pile on and there was no hope of a comeback.

I believe Prohm is a good coach, he has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but he has shown progress and ability to change. THAT'S HUGE.

Think about this....

This forum was going NUTS over a recruit last year. He was our top target in the spring and every one thought we needed him. He would have been our prized recruit over Tre Jackson and ISU may not have even gone after Grill if he committed.

That recruit is Clarence Nadolny. He played 5 mins in garbage time on Saturday and he rarely plays critical minutes for TTU.

ISU starts Tre Jackson, a guy ISU fans believed to be lesser than Nadolny, and we rely on him for production and to win games. Some of our starters are lesser than the end of TTU's bench.

This won't be the case next year. We will probably go 8-10/9-9 next year, but that's called growth.

Boy, I think you are wrong. I'm rooting for you though.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006

You were expecting a 30 point loss? Isn't that an indictment on the state of the basketball program?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
You were expecting a 30 point loss? Isn't that an indictment on the state of the basketball program?
I expected a double digit loss. With Haliburton out, I expected big losses from the teams in the top half of the conference.

I kinda view all double digit losses the same. Everything goes wrong and there is a lack of effort whether it's a 12 point loss or a 30 point loss.

Am I ok with it? no. However, this game would probably have a smaller margin of defeat with Haliburton.

Next year is the make or break year for Prohm. He needs to finish above 8-10 and showing convincing growth in the program in order to keep his job.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

1. Jahmi'us Ramsey TTU
2. Davide Moretti TTU
3. Terrence Shannon TTU
4. Solomon Young ISU
5. Kyler Edwards TTU
6. TJ Holyfield TTU
7. Chris Clarke TTU
8. Rasir Bolton ISU

Think about this....

Prohm is responsible for the players he brings into the program, is he not? Isn't what you've described really just the root of the problem? We are completely out-talented on a nightly basis?

I guess I just don't get treating Prohm like he's been conscripted with this roster. These are the guys he chose to have on his team.

I just don't get how "hey, there is an enormous talent void" can be used as an argument in favor of Prohm.

• Agree

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
I kinda view all double digit losses the same. Everything goes wrong and there is a lack of effort whether it's a 12 point loss or a 30 point loss.

Really lost me here. I don't think 12 necessarily means everything went wrong or there was a lack of effort (not specific to the TTU game). If Saturday was 12 instead of 30, I know silver linings are useless but that's easier to swallow than getting dominated by 30. Sad part is the outcome didn't really surprise or shock me.

• Agree

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I just don't get how "hey, there is an enormous talent void" can be used as an argument in favor of Prohm.

Because there were 2 guys last year who should have been on this year's roster in Wiggs and THT. You add just 1 of those and we're a top division B12 team with a great (gawd I hope so) recruiting class coming in.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and cyclone4L