Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa fans seem to take personal success in the fact that Penn State is having a good year without Bolton. As if Iowa had something to do with it?
Dont you know Rasir was at PennSt for 8 years and that's why they haven't made one NCAA and only one NIT?

(Also, has Chambers had the longest losing is acceptable leash in power school history?)

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I don't watch enough Iowa Bball. Does he get more open looks because his shooting is his kryptonite? Guarding tougher on Luke JW? Other coach basically saying JW and Luka wont be the reason we lose they bet on JT to not make the shots?
No - Most of his shots are inside 10 feet. His low shooting % is mainly due to poor shot selection in that he takes the ball in to deep when he should just back in out and setup the offense. When you are down in end of game situations you don't have time to back it out and run your offense, so he pushes tempo and ends up forcing shots. He's overly aggressive for a Freshman guard.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No - Most of his shots are inside 10 feet. His low shooting % is mainly due to poor shot selection in that he takes the ball in to deep when he should just back in out and setup the offense. When you are down in end of game situations you don't have time to back it out and run your offense, so he pushes tempo and ends up forcing shots. He's overly aggressive for a Freshman guard.

Forcing shots to lose you games sounds like a great strategy! Lol

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
It's called doing the Bolton. Or is it the Nixon?
Bolton's got 55 games under his belt and is still doing it. But it's a maturity thing. I'm sure by the time Bolton has started 100 games he'll get it figured out.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Garza averaged 12.6 PPG 5.5 RPG and 0.8 BPG his first 2 seasons.

Conditt is averaging 4.7 PPG, 3.2 RPG and 1.4 BPG in his first 2 seasons.
Garza and Conditt are not the same type of player. Garza is a stick-in-the-mud traditional post player. He's got moves and soft touch around the rim. He can also step out and shoot pretty well for a big guy, honestly why his game will be so great in Europe somewhere.

Conditt is totally different, and I don't think he'll every develop the soft touch around the rim or have the post moves like Garza has. That's just not his game. Conditt is not Garza; he is an athlete, a rim-runner. He is not going to let the opposing team get an easy layup, he is going to swat the ball into the next dimension. And where Garza is the last man up the court usually and runs with his head down, George is usually the first or second and always has his head up looking for the ball in transition.

What Conditt can work on that Luka has is toughness and fundamentals. Not lunging after his help defenders man shot to try and block it while leaving his man free for an offensive board is a simple thing he has not learned to do yet. I don't think Conditt ever stuffs the stat sheet the way Luka does, he is not ever going to be as dynamic catching the ball on the low block with his back to the hoop. But if he can be a solid 12-13 ppg and 7-8 rpg guy by his senior year I think a lot of us would be happy.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Bolton's eFG% is 10% higher than Toussaint's so not sure I understand that comparison

I will agree that Toussaint and Nixon suck though
FlawedIllegalGreatargus-small.gif

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Garza and Conditt are not the same type of player. Garza is a stick-in-the-mud traditional post player. He's got moves and soft touch around the rim. He can also step out and shoot pretty well for a big guy, honestly why his game will be so great in Europe somewhere.

Conditt is totally different, and I don't think he'll every develop the soft touch around the rim or have the post moves like Garza has. That's just not his game. Conditt is not Garza; he is an athlete, a rim-runner. He is not going to let the opposing team get an easy layup, he is going to swat the ball into the next dimension. And where Garza is the last man up the court usually and runs with his head down, George is usually the first or second and always has his head up looking for the ball in transition.

What Conditt can work on that Luka has is toughness and fundamentals. Not lunging after his help defenders man shot to try and block it while leaving his man free for an offensive board is a simple thing he has not learned to do yet. I don't think Conditt ever stuffs the stat sheet the way Luka does, he is not ever going to be as dynamic catching the ball on the low block with his back to the hoop. But if he can be a solid 12-13 ppg and 7-8 rpg guy by his senior year I think a lot of us would be happy.

@jmb made the Conditt/Garza comparison, not me.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Bolton's eFG% is 10% higher than Toussaint's so not sure I understand that comparison

I will agree that Toussaint and Nixon suck though
I agree, Bolton was anointed the savior to ISU's season this year and Toussaint wasn't even supposed to play. Toussaint now starts for the 18th best team in the country and Bolton is on a team with a losing record, lead by him.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Help Support Us

Become a patron