Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Yes, you taking it hook, line, and sinker.

I think you are a little slow on the uptick here. I get him to keep doubling and tripling down on his really bad trolls. Even Clone fans then get tired of his dumb troll and call him out. Heck there have been 6-10 Clone fans call him out in this thread alone in the last couple weeks.

I'm not taking his bait, he is eating mine. He is doing exactly what I want him to.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Evelyn is worse than Nixon which is saying something

LOL, all of our players are worse than ISU players, but Iowa is good and ISU is bad. That must mean Fran > Prohm if he can take worse players and be a better team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think you are a little slow on the uptick here. I get him to keep doubling and tripling down on his really bad trolls. Even Clone fans then get tired of his dumb troll and call him out. Heck there have been 6-10 Clone fans call him out in this thread alone in the last couple weeks.

I'm not taking his bait, he is eating mine. He is doing exactly what I want him to.

What am I trolling about now? Predicting the Fran fade to happen when it happens almost every year isn't trolling

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Agree to disagree. Both suck in general

Yesterday you said Fredrick was the worst defender on the Iowa team because he had the worst D Rating on the team.

Connor has a D rating 3 points better than Nixon and its agree to disagree. LOL!

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
After the 8 min tv timeout, Wisconsin went 3-10 from the field with 4 turnovers. They also went 1-3 from the line with one being a front end. They had 11 fouls called on them including the technical. 4 of those fouls were in the last 32 secs purposely putting Iowa on the line and stopping the clock down by 5. Factor out those 5 fouls and it was 6 fouls on WI and 4 on IA. Iowa's press was the difference down the stretch.
Are these facts all found in the boxscore?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yesterday you said Fredrick was the worst defender on the Iowa team because he had the worst D Rating on the team.

Connor has a D rating 3 points better than Nixon and its agree to disagree. LOL!

I said both suck at basketball. That's one thing we can actually agree on

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
After the 8 min tv timeout, Wisconsin went 3-10 from the field with 4 turnovers. They also went 1-3 from the line with one being a front end. They had 11 fouls called on them including the technical. 4 of those fouls were in the last 32 secs purposely putting Iowa on the line and stopping the clock down by 5. Factor out those 5 fouls and it was 6 fouls on WI and 4 on IA. Iowa's press was the difference down the stretch.

Wisconsin has 17 fouls called in them in the second half. You are factoring out the 5 basically twice.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Just so we are all clear here Iowa, a Top 20 team, has the following in their top 8:

3 guys (Connor, Eveyln and Pemsl) that wouldnt get minutes at ISU who is below .500
1 guy who cant shoot or defend
1 guy who is basically a wash with Connor
1 guy is a small PG that cant shoot
1 guy who sucks
1 Joe Wieskamp

Garza can't shoot or defend

Fredrick and Connor are basically a wash

A small PG who can't shoot isn't going to take minutes from Fran's son. There's a reason nobody wanted him

You realize Kriener and Pemsl suck right?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just so we are all clear here Iowa, a Top 20 team, has the following in their top 8:

3 guys (Connor, Eveyln and Pemsl) that wouldnt get minutes at ISU who is below .500
1 guy who cant shoot or defend
1 guy who is basically a wash with Connor
1 guy is a small PG that cant shoot
1 guy who sucks
1 guy who you have admitted is pretty good

Iowa has an elite player in Garza, a very good player in Wieskamp, a walk on playing well in Frederick and Kriener who's been solid. Toussaint is not good, shoots too much. Connor, Evelyn and Pemsl all suck. Feel free to point out what you disagree with that

The Frederick Connor wash thing was making fun of Johnny don't quote jokes as them being serious

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Iowa has an elite player in Garza, a very good player in Wieskamp, a walk on playing well in Frederick and Kriener who's been solid. Toussaint is not good, shoots too much. Connor, Evelyn and Pemsl all suck. Feel free to point out what you disagree with that

The Frederick Connor wash thing was making fun of Johnny don't quote jokes as them being serious

So what you are saying is they must have one hell of a coach to somehow turn this band of misfits into a Top 15 team. I didn't have you pegged as a Fran guy...

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I imagine they will be by the end of the week. But it doesn't change anything I said. Top 20 team. There you go.

Yeah I mean it's definitely setting up for the patented Fran fade. Iowa was a projected 1 seed at this time one year with a much more talented roster and finished on the bubble

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron