NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Burton 0-3 tonight
Yeah, I just looked at his stats for the season. He only got 4 minutes last night and OKC was a bit short-handed. This season, Deonte is shooting 31.3 from the field, a blistering 15.6% from 3 and 57% in FTs. Is there some NBA team that's going to want to have him on the roster next year? That's hard for me to imagine.

Nader is still out with an ankle injury.

• Agree
Reactions: simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
It's a bit after how he started the season, but Matt Thomas is definitely out of the Raptors' rotation, with the team's health getting back to normal. They played a 10-man rotation and he basically got 3 minutes of mop-up duty (missed a 3 and grabbed a rebound).

Deonte Burton finally contributed to the short-handed Thunder with a solid game (a big win over Portland). His line was 17 MIN, 9 PTS, 4-6 FG, 0-2 3PT, 1-4 FT (c'mon, DB), 3 REB, 1 BLK, 1 TO and +11.

After some poor shooting lines while I was out of the country, Georges bounced back with solid stats in a big Jazz win over Sacramento. He ended with 10 PTS, 4-7 FG, 2-4 3PT and -7.

Ok, this time sitting in the corner chuckin' 3's:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This is from a week ago but is pretty funny - some clips of Georges scoring and his teammates calling him "The Minivan". And Georges just chuckling and rolling with it. He's made himself into an terrific shooter.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I was wondering what was up with Naz - found this article:

Pacers' Naz Mitrou-Long: Still out with ankle injury
  • by RotoWire Staff
  • Jan 12, 2020 at 3:14 pm ET • 1 min read
Mitrou-Long (ankle) is listed as out for Monday's game against the 76ers.

Mitrou-Long hasn't logged an appearance for the NBA team or the G League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants since Dec. 13 due to a sprained right ankle. Once he's finally cleared for game action, Mitrou-Long will most likely get his feet wet at the G League level, considering he hasn't been a regular member of the NBA rotation at any point this season.

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/b...-naz-mitrou-long-still-out-with-ankle-injury/

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte with 5 assists (no turnovers, natch) in the 1st half tonight as a starter for the Nuggets. 0-4 FG but he's making plays.

Check out this tough pick he sets to spring Jokic for a (rare) dunk:

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, Monte got the start for the Nuggets vs. the Pacers and his numbers didn't really pop off the page. More importantly, the Nuggets folded in a game that they led almost from the beginning and ended up with an L. Monte shot 1-7, with 2 PTS, 5 AST and 1 TO. A couple tweets:

Note: Ames High's Dougie McBuckets had a big outing vs. the Nuggets:

• Informative

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Full slate of games today for MLK in the NBA. Not that I think Matty Ice will get much - if any - PT but the Raptors are on NBA.TV at 2:30 ET / 1:30 CT. OKC and Utah both play today as well and Denver has a back-to-back in Minnesota. Any Clones fans going to watch Monte?

• Informative

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I've watched Monte's spot starts these past few days. He does alright out there, but it is definitely a step up competing against NBA starters vs an NBA bench. Plus his game doesn't seem to complement Jokic's game, since the Joker is such a ball dominant facilitator. Jokic is phenomenal at finding hard cutters, which Monte is not.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Doc

Help Support Us

Become a patron