All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Following my rule, I don't go back more than four pages in hopes of getting caught up, especially in threads like this one, lest I lose my sanity. So I know this isn't really where the thread is anymore in context, but I only pop by maybe once every six weeks or so, so **** it.

QB: Purdy, and it's not remotely close.
RB: Hall. Check back in a year or two, and Goodson could make this debate interesting.
WR: Jones and Smith-Marsette (lots of good options at this position, though)
TE: Kolar, again, not even close, though I think LaPorta has a very bright future.
T: Good-Jones, Wirfs
G: Knipfel, Schott
C: Linderbaum
DE: Epenesa, Golston
DT: Lima, Reiff
OLB: Rose, Spears
MLB: Welch (though I like Vance a lot, too)
CB: Ojemudia, Hankins
S: Eisworth, Stone
K: Duncan
P: Sleep-Dalton
PR: Milton
KR: Smith-Marsette

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Following my rule, I don't go back more than four pages in hopes of getting caught up, especially in threads like this one, lest I lose my sanity. So I know this isn't really where the thread is anymore in context, but I only pop by maybe once every six weeks or so, so **** it.

RB: Hall. Check back in a year or two, and Goodson could make this debate interesting.
TE: Kolar, again, not even close, though I think LaPorta has a very bright future.

Imagine thinking one of the worst offenses in the country would have half the All Iowa team over a top 20 offense. Lol. Also I'm not sure why Iowa fans don't realize Anthony Johnson is really good

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Why would you include 3 WRs and only 1 RB? What All America or All Conference team anywhere does that? And putting Tracy in there shows you're pretty clueless about Iowa's team. Kid has potential but needs to figure out the dropsies. Probably the 3rd best WR starting for us, 4th best with a healthy Smith.

Weird.
1 RB and 3 WRs, like most depth charts. Seems obvious.

Tracy is 4th best WR on Iowa’s team, who knew. I was just being generous and putting one on there. Seemed like a wash with their numbers.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
1 RB and 3 WRs, like most depth charts. Seems obvious.

Tracy is 4th best WR on Iowa’s team, who knew. I was just being generous and putting one on there. Seemed like a wash with their numbers.

Crazy to think Iowa's had the "best WR group in years" and we still have 3 WRs better than their best after we just lost one early to the NFL

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
3mCOlEy.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

Overall pretty good. Hall and Goodson you could go either way with and not be wrong. I'd put them both on it. Welch has to be on it. I really don't have an issue with Good-Jones over Jackson either. I think Jackson needs to come back and show some improvement. He battled injuries early and maybe that's why but I think he struggled at times this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Overall pretty good. Hall and Goodson you could go either way with and not be wrong. I'd put them both on it. Welch has to be on it. I really don't have an issue with Good-Jones over Jackson either. I think Jackson needs to come back and show some improvement. He battled injuries early and maybe that's why but I think he struggled at times this year.

Hall is a lot better than Goodson. Numbers don't lie and Hall faced much tougher competition

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Hall is a lot better than Goodson. Numbers don't lie and Hall faced much tougher competition
Numbers don't lie. Very similar yards per carry. Hall just got more carries. Goodson will continue to see the ball more going forward and I think both players are very comparable talent wise.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Numbers don't lie. Very similar yards per carry. Hall just got more carries. Goodson will continue to see the ball more going forward and I think both players are very comparable talent wise.

Hall: 1,049 total yards, 5.64 yards per touch, 10 TD's

Goodson: 736 total yards, 5.37 yards per touch, 4 TD's

Lol get outta here with that nonsense

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Iowa only had two all conference players by the media (Epenesa and Ojemudia) and three by the coaches (Epenesa, Stone and Ojemudia) and the Big Ten has a first, second and third team for both. Yikes!

You forgot to include Duncan winning kicker of the year in the Big 10. He was a weapon that won a handful of games for Iowa this year. I guess you don't think special teams count since you are an ISU fan.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You forgot to include Duncan winning kicker of the year in the Big 10. He was a weapon that won a handful of games for Iowa this year. I guess you don't think special teams count since you are an ISU fan.

Wait I thought Stanley got all the credit for wins?

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron