It's grinding week, who you got?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I heard your AD trolling Texas this morning about the cold. Jamie was hilarious. But I thought to myself: Is this smart to be poking the steer? We'll see Saturday afternoon. Given the points, I'm all over Texas in this one. Just watch for cheap shots. Green loses first half of your game. Gill loses a full game down here in concussion protocol. Sad.

Last edited:

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Texas @ ISU -7 all over the horns given that many points
WVU @ K-State -14 Eers should cover as Cats are way beat-up
Ku @ oSu -18 Hubbard should have a 300-yard day against that defenseless clown show
TCU @ TxT +3 interesting line that I wouldn't touch but taking the frogs if forced
OU @ Baylor +10 going green with that spread (chaos for football championship committee if BU wins, please)
Baylor's road is paved this week and next in their biggest games of the year, and I expect they will run the table - at least for the regular season. Both opponents will have just played Iowa State. All they need to do is study coach Heacock halftime adjustments, and apply them to their own (ISU knock off) defensive game plan. Watch for OU this week, and Texas next week, to basically get shut out in the first half, and for those games to go down to the wire in the second half.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Ku @ oSu -18 Hubbard should have a 300-yard day against that defenseless clown show
TCU @ TxT +3 interesting line that I wouldn't touch but taking the frogs if forced
OU @ Baylor +10 going green with that spread (chaos for football championship committee if BU wins, please)
Tough week, surly.

Try again soon.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Baylor's road is paved this week and next in their biggest games of the year, and I expect they will run the table - at least for the regular season. Both opponents will have just played Iowa State. All they need to do is study coach Heacock halftime adjustments, and apply them to their own (ISU knock off) defensive game plan. Watch for OU this week, and Texas next week, to basically get shut out in the first half, and for those games to go down to the wire in the second half.

Baylor didn't win, but nice call on Baylor shutting down OU in the first half and going down to the wire.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames

Oh man. Nice prediction so far.

I don't like either Baylor or Texas (probably my two least favorite Big XII programs), so I don't know if I can pull for either to win though..... Hah!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
How long until surly comes on with a ranking that has K-State ahead of ISU?
Even he couldn't bs his way to rationalizing that. He just wants to go by conference standing right now because it's the only way you could justify K State being any higher than 9th right now.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Playing B12 teams every week is a little different than playing the Mankato and Bemidji States of the world, Coach Klieman.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Baylor didn't win, but nice call on Baylor shutting down OU in the first half and going down to the wire.
Oh man. Nice prediction so far.

I don't like either Baylor or Texas (probably my two least favorite Big XII programs), so I don't know if I can pull for either to win though..... Hah!

By week 12, IMO, you'd be hard pressed to slide a sheet of paper between the top 4 teams in this league on a given Saturday. It makes for great TV, and hopefully OU's prime time heroics will benefit them in their quest to 3-peat a seating in the CFP.

And in this era of the Big 12, I don't know if I am less in awe of the league's shift toward sound defensive schemes than I am to see the movement itself emanating from CMCs coaching staff in Ames, Iowa. By contrast, coach Rhule's approach is less about innovation, more about his mastery of implementation. And if he learned nothing else coaching the NY Giants OL for a season, he learned that the "copy cat" methodology is the best way to change on-field results in the timeframe of a season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron