Episode 1: Already available

Episode 2: Friday, Nov. 15

Episode 3: Friday, Nov. 22

Episode 4: Friday, Nov. 29

Episode 5: Friday, Dec. 6

Episode 6: Friday, Dec. 13

Episode 7: Wednesday, Dec. 18

Episode 8: Friday, Dec. 27

https://www.cnet.com/news/when-is-episode-2-of-the-mandalorian-released-on-disney-plus/
Got to like that episode on the 18th. Wonder if there will be some kind of reveal significant to TRoS.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I had to watch this scene multiple times, but I think everyone is wearing Mandalorian armor. Even the kids that run by.

This is where I'm at with the topic as well. He is in a place where Mandalorian garb is prominent, so seems like a leap to assume that someone with similar appearing color scheme would be Boba but sure it could be.

On the other hand, Boba wouldn't be considered a true Mandolorian by the natives of the planet by my understanding since he wasn't born there. Which would place him in a similar caste to our hero.

So, who knows! I'm just here to enjoy!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Brian Posehn drove the speeder.

NSFW:

Thanks for posting this. I thought that driver seemed familiar but I wasn't sure who it is.

Edit: I just noticed he's also Bert the Geologist on Big Bang Theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: keepngoal

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Let's just say John Favreau did a much better job with The Mandalorian did than he did with the new Lion King :confused:
I mean, he gave Disney exactly what they wanted. I'm not sure you could do a live action version of Lion King any better. It's just hard to make a realistic looking animal sing and emote. I don't think that's Favreau's fault as much as it was just a bad idea by Disney.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
For those so inclined, some websites are claiming Episode 2 will be released at midnight eastern (11 PM central).

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I mean, he gave Disney exactly what they wanted. I'm not sure you could do a live action version of Lion King any better. It's just hard to make a realistic looking animal sing and emote. I don't think that's Favreau's fault as much as it was just a bad idea by Disney.
I more so had issues that it was literally the exact same movie. I know the other live actions are somewhat the same way but at least they did more to add to the story (Aladdin was surprisingly very good and did other stuff to add to the story). He also did The Jungle Book and I thought that was phenomenal.

But as you said, Disney probably didn't want him to stray at all from the original since The Lion King is arguably Disney's best animated classic.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Watched the Ep 2 over lunch break. It was a fun episode. It'll be tough having to wait a week for each episode. Hopefully they are more to the 45-60 minute run time vs the 30 min this one was.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Episode 2 was great! The fight in the mud against the egg monster was amazing.

L

LincolnWay187

I thought it was great. We don't need to know everything right up front. I liked the flashback scene, and I think that is how it'll happen. Carl Weathers man. Werner Herzog. Star studded cast so that is exciting. Having John Favreau sure the heck helps.
I was hoping he used this line

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So was that Tatooine they were on, or are jawas spread all over the galaxy with their sandcrawlers? Regardless that scene was awesome with the sandcrawler. The whole episode was fantastic. It's a little disappointing it was only 30 minutes, but I would rather have a short episode with a tight story vs one that goes on a little too long.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I'm a SW nerd, so I feel very safe saying you're not supposed to know about the tribe. The last we saw of the Mandalorians and Mandalore was in the Clone Wars, and things were NOT going well.

I think Star Wars Rebels goes to Mandalore for an episode or two. I think Sabine got the dark saber from her clan. But it seemed that there was no longer an established government on the planet at the time.

But yeah, between Darth Maul and the empire, Mandalore has had a rough 100 years or so.

Help Support Us

Become a patron