STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
No prospect is a sure thing. I always look at them on a spectrum. A top 250 kid is like a 25% hit rate. A top 75 kid at ISU is a very, very high hit rate, and those guys we've gotten in that range recently have basically all gone to the NBA except Lindell, who could still find himself there some day. We can get into the underrated/overrated talk, but it's basically moot to me because we really won't know what we have until he steps foot on campus, and even then, might not know what we have in him until a year or two in.

Also, I know there are certain ways that Prohm wants to play... but with Conditt and Foster, could we go with a kind of Baylor swarming matchup zone? I mean we have two guys 6'11" plus that are potentially elite help defense shot blockers. We've always played small in the past because we needed to. The future rosters for ISU really make you feel like anything is possible.

Conditt is a freaking stud not just as an eraser/shot-blocker, but can switch and guard. Kid knows how to play the game and understands the details. Some guys are born with "it" in terms of leadership. Niang, Morris, Tyrese and Conditt have it.

It's going to be great having Conditt there to mentor XF. And XF saying he knows he may need to come in and be a role player...

From AD to head coach to key players, our football and basketball programs are in a great place right now. Enjoy it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've always loved his recruiting, cmon man, you know this. I've always been a critic of his in game coaching and I wasnt happy at all with his roster management last year.

Glad to have you on board. Prohm was a hell of a hire by Pollard

Hey, if they land Foster that will go a long ways in gaining my trust in this coaching staff.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
jlaw-whtvr.gif

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Conditt is a freaking stud not just as an eraser/shot-blocker, but can switch and guard. Kid knows how to play the game and understands the details. Some guys are born with "it" in terms of leadership. Niang, Morris, Tyrese and Conditt have it.

Totally agree. Conditt and Halli remind me of Georges and Naz in that way. I can root for those guys, win or lose. Thrilled they are Cyclones.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I don't claim to have seen much tape on XF yet but I understand he's quick and a good defender. I'm dreaming of rim protection with both him and Conditt on the floor at the same time.

So if I am understanding his thoughts correctly, he wanted to go to a place where they had talent around him, he could grow into an NBA talent and he liked the guys he would be playing with? Other than that, he was a Hok all the way?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron