How long will we keep Mitchell, Brock???

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Having too much talent is a heck of a lot better position than not having enough. Ask Alabama how that is working for them.

I don't think they feel to bad that Hurts transferred, although he could come back and play them in the playoffs.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It's extremely exciting to think that we will have every RB back next year besides Croney.

One thing I love about Campbell is if you are better you are going to play. He did the same thing when Montgomery took over for Warren and now we are seeing it again with Hall coming into his own the last couple games.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Sorry if already discussed, but is there any way next season that J.Brock and Hall would both be in on the same play or series, occasionally? I get they are the same position, but was just curious if it would be effective or instead a useless option.
All legal options could happen. No way of knowing. Having as many studs on the field, at the same time, is a goal.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
One thing I love about Campbell is if you are better you are going to play. He did the same thing when Montgomery took over for Warren and now we are seeing it again with Hall coming into his own the last couple games.
There’s also an example in the kicking game from Saturday of this as well

Reactions: NoCreativity

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Although the OP posts like a troll, I do think it is odd that Re'al doesn't see more time on the field, even if it is just for a jet sweep or wildcat run.

4-6 plays with him on the field, some in decoy, some with runs, would seem to have the potential to make our offense even more dynamic.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Although the OP posts like a troll, I do think it is odd that Re'al doesn't see more time on the field, even if it is just for a jet sweep or wildcat run.

4-6 plays with him on the field, some in decoy, some with runs, would seem to have the potential to make our offense even more dynamic.

I doubt if we have yet seen the full Blaze package. I predict that Campbell will use it all in the Texas game.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Brock knew the situation with Hall when he signed. Not worried there.

Mitchell's already redshirted, so he's burning a year of eligibility by transferring unless he goes FCS. He's a solid #2 and has the inside track to start as a rSr on a good team with a staff that has shown they will leverage a QBs strengths and put them in a position to be successful.

So a transfer means 1. Burning a year of eligibility and 2. trading off a level of certainty in role and style of play with quality of team most likely. Not saying in two years he couldn't be a starter for a good P5 team, but it would certainly be a risk.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It wouldn't surprise me if the gameplan for WVU once again had each RB getting a possession, just that Hall performed in a manner that made it tough to take him off the field. I don't think we are done with the experiments yet. Campbell threw away their redshirts. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Jirehl Brock gets a series before Hall this week. I don't think the RB position will be settled until the OU game.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
So, we're just gonna keep letting rhoho make alts huh? Sounds fun

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
giphy.gif

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I wondered when YeahBuddy would show up again....These guys aren't going anywhere, they are part of the process and more importantly part of a "team". As we have seen in recent years from guys that "wait their turn" in college football, if you are good enough to play at the next level, it only takes one year to show what you can do.

If this is RANDY, I'm sure they will leave at the same time CMC takes the Steeler job. :eek:

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
If Mitchell wants to play QB I could see him transferring. I haven't seen him throw enough to know what his arm is like, but that guy is an NFL athlete if used in another capacity like WR.

I think he needs to look really hard at changing positions and making some $$$ at the next level.

Help Support Us

Become a patron