USC/Utah poor attendance

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Has it been raining there or something?

Looks about like a MAC Thursday night game in November compared to what you'd think for a place with that kind of history.

• Funny
Reactions: AlaCyclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Looks about like a MAC Thursday night game in November compared to what you'd think for a place with that kind of history.
It is LA though and the Dodgers have a home game. If you've ever been to Chavez Ravine area its gorgeous.

Heltons seat has got to be warming up though.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

There was a recent article about UCLA struggling with attendance, even when they gave away free tickets.

Reactions: aauummm

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
USC and UCLA have notoriously bad attendance even when they’re doing good. Unless it’s an 8pm matchup of Top 10 teams, their stadium is lucky to be 1/3rd full. Too much competition and way too high expectations.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, I love how they boast about Dodgers' attendance when they typically show up in the 3rd and leave in the 7th.

Was at a game in Boulder and it seemed like everyone got there about 2nd quarter and were out by mid-3rd.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Honestly I'm sick of hearing about places that have other stuff to do. Yeah, but there are also 15 million people. You're telling me that not .005% of the population would go to a game?

In central Iowa 6% of the population is at the game.

If I keep it just to sports I can use my entertainment dollar to see one of these teams who are in season:

Rams
Chargers
Dodgers
Angels
2 MLS teams
UCLA
USC
Kings
Ducks

Plus I'm paying 50% of my income to rent, I have to really plan ahead to get to the game on time, possibly leave early to get home at a decent hour....

And there are still concerts and other recreational things to do. Central Iowa is wonderful. SoCal is wonderful. But it's not apples to apples

Last edited:

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Honestly I'm sick of hearing about places that have other stuff to do. Yeah, but there are also 15 million people. You're telling me that not .005% of the population would go to a game?

In central Iowa 6% of the population is at the game.

0.5%

Don't be exaggerating

• Disagree
Reactions: SoapyCy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
If I keep it just to sports I can use my entertainment dollar to see one of these teams who are in season:

Rams
Chargers
Dodgers
Angels
2 MLS teams
UCLA
USC
Kings
Ducks

Plus I'm paying 50% of my income to rent, I have to really plan ahead to get to the game on time, possibly leave early to get home at a decent hour....

And there are still concerts and other recreational things to do. Central Iowa is wonderful. SoCal is wonderful. But it's not apples to apples
Not to mention, it costs $50 to park! At least it did the last time I was at a USC game.

• Winner
Reactions: KnappShack

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The fact is that they just dont care about football and interest appears to be waning rapidly.
Yeah if SC isn't winning "big" and aren't the "hot" thing in town then they will struggle for attendance.

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
The lower level is 60-70% full now but u cant see the upper level. Utah certainly not impressing against the 3rd team QBs for USC