KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
In the athletic department publication Taking the Next Big Step that was sent out right after JP took the job, two of the long-term goals were adding baseball and men's tennis. I can no longer find that publication on the interwebz, but ISU had obviously taken several steps as far as facilities and what not are concerned since JP got here.

I think we can all agree that there is no longer a push to bring back baseball, and I don't believe there will be while JP is here unless one of you baseball fans wins Powerball or something...

And if someone does win the Powerball take some of those funds and pave Cap Timm field.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
When baseball and gymnastics were dropped one was because of Title IX and one was money. I don't know if there was ever a technical distinction on which was which.

It was men's swimming and baseball that were dropped, because we used to have a gutless hack of an AD who took the easy way out of everything. Baseball is just as likely to be added at this point as hockey, but for some reason, the hockey loudmouths think they are being taken seriously.

Cybball37

Dec 11, 2015
Central Iowa
Excellent. Another pile on of Iowa State baseball. Funny how this is "Cyclone Fanatic" and everyone seems to promote Cyclone Athletics, except when it comes to baseball. I get that the sport may never come back, but all the crap talk about the program that was here is amazing. You talk about it like we were the Hawkeye baseball team on your campus. What gives? You tryout and get cut? So you don't like baseball. Big deal. I don't follow women's volleyball, but I don't come on here crap talking the sport. They are cyclones too. I know not everyone here does it, but the same crew usually shows up to badmouth our team. Yes, I played. Worked just as damn hard as any football or basketball player that is heavily supported on here. Thought this site was about promoting ISU athletics and not trash talking it's current or former programs.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
JOKE.

Edit: after reading the manifesto above I had to note. BASEBALL IS BORING. And the people that care about it try WAY too hard to pretend like it’s still the 20th century and everyone should care about baseball because it’s baseball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron