It is still a Hawkeye State

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Pretty much everything that could’ve happened to us outside of injury of the QB, did happen to us. Unlucky bounces, horrible officiating, and the weather delays killing energy. Yet somehow we only lost by 1 point. It was so clear that we are the better football team but we just couldn’t overcome the refs and the Super Bowl mentality of the hoks. Oh well, it really doesn’t mean much. We will still be playing for a Big 12 title while Iowa will be playing for a bowl game in Detroit (which is too good for their fans)

'Atta boy.

hippiehawk

Jan 26, 2007
That 3rd and 22 throw was a thing of beauty, no doubt, but it wouldn't change my mind if I were an NFL scout about all his very inaccurate throws. Stanley would have had about 3 picks last night if he were playing against an NFL level defense.

Not to mention, he would have never gotten that 3rd and 22 throw off if not for the blatant hold.

I'll let people judge for themselves. I don't think there was enough there to call.

giphy.gif

Here's a much more obvious missed holding call IMO (I know CyTwins and clonedude disagree):

giphy.gif

I will say that the holding call in the 4th quarter against ISU was clearly a bad call.

• Dumb
  • Winner
Reactions: Bigman38 and BLHawk

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'll let people judge for themselves. I don't think there was enough there to call.

giphy.gif

Here's a much more obvious missed holding call IMO (I know CyTwins and clonedude disagree):

giphy.gif

I will say that the holding call in the 4th quarter against ISU was clearly a bad call.
You don't think there was enough to call? He's got his entire arm wrapped around him.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
And holding or not on those clips, it looks like it was pretty established they were letting them play, which I'm more than ok with. But don't call a non existent hold on the biggest play of the game when you haven't been calling it all game. I'm more frustrated now than I was last night leaving the game

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Top one....if he had him by the arm, it's a hold. I can't clearly see it though.

ISU's secondary has some work to do.

hippiehawk

Jan 26, 2007
And holding or not on those clips, it looks like it was pretty established they were letting them play, which I'm more than ok with. But don't call a non existent hold on the biggest play of the game when you haven't been calling it all game. I'm more frustrated now than I was last night leaving the game

giphy.gif

I think the original angle above shows the RT (Levi Paulsen, playing for Jackson) grabbing the jersey more clearly. Holding should have been called a couple more times in the game against both sides if that was called, though -- as you said, they had been letting them play in the trenches.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Or it can be lack of big plays? ISU had them, Iowa did not.
ISU had 2 but your point is valid. Still think it was an important stat in that his game. Hawks were 10-19 on 3rd down which helped as well

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How about on the Stanley bootleg when Lima was tackled. That was an obvious one.