DirecTV espn

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Just got off a long phone call with DirecTV and it sounds like a very strong possibility we are gonna be losing ESPN at midnight. Unbelievable.
Thanks For calling! Details?

BTW, the SEC Commissioner tweeted about it. Besides the CBS game, ALL OF THEIR OTHER GAMES are on ESPN Networks. Yikes! At least, the Big Xii is Fox-Centric! So, once all of the SEC fans start calling and ******** about it, it will hopefully speed up the negotiations process. BTW, just a terrible business decision for both Direct TV and ESPN. If they are looking to permanently turn off customers, they may have have both succeeded!

In the mean-time:

Reactions: cyups2323

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We have DirecTV and YouTube TV so we'll be okay. But the fact Disney knows they can rake DirecTV over the coals and people will blame DirecTV is crazy.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
So Iowa State. Finally, FINALLY get an ESPN Gameday and half the country won't be able to see it. I'm gonna have to head to my parents' place in the morning to watch.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
The guy i talked to said that the contract expires at midnight tonight but they hope disney will leave the channels on since negotiations are ongoing but they won't know for sure till midnight. He said if we don't lose them at midnight tonight we will probably be good thru the weekend while they continue negotiating.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I am watching ESPN right now, and plan to until the signal stops. Like setting up in a lawn chair with a silver bullet, in the backyard, looking up and waiting for the asteroid to land in my lap.
Me too! Keeping it on until the signal stops.