• Gross, who puts BBQ sauce on pizza?

Votes: 22 12.3%
  • Corn?

Votes: 30 16.8%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I loved going to Korea but meals were a challenge for me. I don't like kimchi and they eat it with every meal including breakfast (fermented cabbage for f*cking breakfast!). Most of the food is either some kind of fermented vegetable or sea food that you're lucky if it was cooked at all. They use floor tables there which is challenging for my, relative to Koreans, big inflexible ass. They dont give you your own plate, but have a bunch of bowls spread all over that everyone shares and you have to stretch across the table and pluck food out of them with a pair of flat chopsticks. I grinned and beared it, but it's as if someone had designed my own personal hell for meal times. So when I sat down at a Pizza Hut at a normal table with a fork and some pizza, I could deal just fine with a few kernels of corn.

I will say if you have a chance to go to a bulgogi (Korean bbq) restaurant that sh*t is delicious. I haven't been to one in the states, but I know they are popular here in some areas.

The jacked up Korean pizza chain in LA is called Mr Pizza and another Koreatown Pizza. Really nasty stuff like mayo all over the pizzas, or maybe like an entire blooming onion in the middle of a pizza.

Married into Korean family and feel pretty similar about Korean food (actual Korean food, not bastardized pizza). My wife lived here her whole life so her tastes are very "American" but the extended family still leads to a guy who had never had Korean food eating quite a bit of it.

Over time the one thing I've grown to like is the tofu soup in the spicy pepper broth that comes in a boiling kettle. I don't like any of the meat options but just the tofu. Crazy spicy which I like.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
The jacked up Korean pizza chain in LA is called Mr Pizza and another Koreatown Pizza. Really nasty stuff like mayo all over the pizzas, or maybe like an entire blooming onion in the middle of a pizza.

Married into Korean family and feel pretty similar about Korean food (actual Korean food, not bastardized pizza). My wife lived here her whole life so her tastes are very "American" but the extended family still leads to a guy who had never had Korean food eating quite a bit of it.

Over time the one thing I've grown to like is the tofu soup in the spicy pepper broth that comes in a boiling kettle. I don't like any of the meat options but just the tofu. Crazy spicy which I like.
As long as Fido isn't on this Korean pizza, I'd give it a try.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
The jacked up Korean pizza chain in LA is called Mr Pizza and another Koreatown Pizza. Really nasty stuff like mayo all over the pizzas, or maybe like an entire blooming onion in the middle of a pizza.---

Happy Joe's makes a BLT pizza. We make a variation of it too. Basically a Canadian Bacon pizza with bacon, tomato, and lettuce on top. Drizzled with mayo. Sounds nasty, but is awesome. And I'm not a huge mayo eater.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron