Jimmy Kimmel and Walking Dead Fined for Use of Emergency Tones

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I’m pretty sure the ISU siren has been approved by the City to use for game day. It’s different than the standard warning siren that is heard throughout the state.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Dumb.

If your watching Jimmy Kimmel and think a skit using the emergency warning is real then you are a moron!

If you are watching The Walking Dead and think a emergency warning as part of the story line is real then you are a moron!

If you are at an ISU game and think the emergency warning for the entrance is real then say it with me YOU ARE A MORON!!

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Dumb.

If your watching Jimmy Kimmel and think a skit using the emergency warning is real then you are a moron!

If you are watching The Walking Dead and think a emergency warning as part of the story line is real then you are a moron!

If you are at an ISU game and think the emergency warning for the entrance is real then say it with me YOU ARE A MORON!!

Except that if you broadcast real EAS tones over the air, the systems that work with the EAS can detect them and trigger the system, which is why it's a big no-no for broadcast operations.

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/...after-youtube-vid-triggers-emergency-message/

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Dumb.

Didn't we actually USE it as a real tornado siren a few years back?

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Dumb.

I read that just like the West town pub guy lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron