2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Has anyone been to the Corvette assembly facility in Bowling Green? My dad had us stop there and take a tour during one family road trip when I was a kid. I thought it was pretty cool at the time (I was maybe 14-15). I'd be curious to see how things have changed.

I remember them testing a newly built Vette on rollers on the floor. I could be off on the speed, but I was thinking they reached speeds approaching 100 mph. I do remember that younger me was sorta hoping to see what would happen if something malfunctioned and that sucker took off at that speed from a stationary position.
Yes. They still have the sinkhole.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I'm not a car nut by any means, so I could be way off base, but it looks like another European supercar to me.

I think it looks like half Ferrari half lotus. I like lotus but they always seemed to me like a female supercar. Just sooo short. However, stretched out it would be more appealing to me.

The difference is this thing is American and they are not trying to kill everyone on price.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I went to the museum about 5 years ago.

GdEcVOA.jpg

aZejhXl.jpg

vIT60yN.jpg

xMzTaGD.jpg

4QiHXFa.jpg

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think it looks like half Ferrari half lotus. I like lotus but they always seemed to me like a female supercar. Just sooo short. However, stretched out it would be more appealing to me.

The difference is this thing is American and they are not trying to kill everyone on price.
I just feel like Vettes always had such a distinct look. If you were driving down the road you knew instantly when you saw one. This one not so much. It's still a cool looking car.

Big Clone Guy

Jul 2, 2019
I'm not a car nut by any means, so I could be way off base, but it looks like another European supercar to me.
It does due to the fact that it’s a mid engine car. A lot of European super cars are mid engine, this allows for a more aggressive front since you don’t have a engine to worry about.

This is a cool looking car but I’d take a Dodge Viper over this.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Has anyone been to the Corvette assembly facility in Bowling Green? My dad had us stop there and take a tour during one family road trip when I was a kid. I thought it was pretty cool at the time (I was maybe 14-15). I'd be curious to see how things have changed.

I remember them testing a newly built Vette on rollers on the floor. I could be off on the speed, but I was thinking they reached speeds approaching 100 mph. I do remember that younger me was sorta hoping to see what would happen if something malfunctioned and that sucker took off at that speed from a stationary position.

I went thru a few yrs ago, it was a neat tour. They were making the Vette and whatever the sporty Cadillac was at the time.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
under 3 sec 0-60 for $60k hell yeah. no manual option anymore so that losses interest for me anyway. the take rate for the manual on the C7 was still over 20% for the last few years.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sure it's an awesome looking car, and a steal at 60k, but it no longer looks like a Corvette at all. I don't think it was a good move. But they will sell a ton of them, so that's all that matters I guess.

But there is some value in seeing a car go by and knowing it's a Corvette immediately. Now it will just look like a Ferrari or Lotus or some other European sports car. The Corvette look is gone.

And not even offering a manual is dumb too.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Give me a Tesla Roadster..lol. Although it’s 4 times the cost.

But for under 3 sec 0-60 and at $60k ish...Chevy did pretty well on this one.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
It was time for Chevy to make a drastic move. I love the looks of it, and as has been the case for the last 10 years, it's tough to beat the performance of a Corvette for the price.

Will be interesting to see what the maintenance and durability of it is. One advantage the Corvette had was even though it could compete with supercars, it was still a Chevy. You could take it just about anywhere and they could work on it, and you could drive the car 100k miles without a problem. Probably not doing that with a Ferrari. This is a completely new car. I'm wondering what sort of weird gremlins might appear.

Absolutely cannot wait for a Z06 or ZR1 version of this car. They're talking potentially 1,000 horsepower. Insane.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
under 3 sec 0-60 for $60k hell yeah. no manual option anymore so that losses interest for me anyway. the take rate for the manual on the C7 was still over 20% for the last few years.

It looks like it has the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, which is what most performance cars (and a lot of other cars, actually - our old Pontiac Grand Prix and our Ford Edge had those) have gone to.