Little McCaffery's Status for Thursday

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
He is not a pure shooter like Reddick. He shot 43% from 3pt but most of them were wide open jumpers. He will be closely guarded and the main focus of defense this year. If he shoots over 40%a from 3pt again this year, I will fully admit that I was wrong. BTW , he is a SF not a guard, doesn’t have good enough handle.

Neither one in the NBA.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
He's not near as athletic as Stauskas. Poor man's version of Huerter
To many Iowa fans, he is a better NBA prospect than Haliburton. He is fairly athletic but he is not a great shooter like Stauskas and he just doesn’t have good enough handle to play NBA 2G

• Funny
Reactions: LLCoolCY

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He is less talented version of Nik Stauskas. I will eat crow if he gets drafted next year. So far, he is not showing up on anyone’s draft radar.

This is the point I have noticed and would make as well. He's got a year in and isn't showing up anywhere. On the plus side, he's is going to be their main offensive option, probably from now until whenever he leaves. And a lot can happen in one season.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
This is the point I have noticed and would make as well. He's got a year in and isn't showing up anywhere. On the plus side, he's is going to be their main offensive option, probably from now until whenever he leaves. And a lot can happen in one season.
He.can improve his game to become a better NBA prospect. Based on what I have seen from him last year, he is a good college player, very smart and good team player. However, his game is not suited for NBA, at least not yet. He is a tweeter, doesn’t have good enough handle to play 2G and not big enough to play SF in NBA

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Halliburton will likely go higher in the draft than Weiskamp next year IMO.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I am not confused. He is not a guard

I don't disagree. I guess I don't know what a "tweeter" is in reference to basketball. It was supposed to be a joke about JorBo and all his stupid tweets and #s.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I don't disagree. I guess I don't know what a "tweeter" is in reference to basketball. It was supposed to be a joke about JorBo and all his stupid tweets and #s.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If the little entitled one has to play meaningful minutes next year it's going to be ugly
I watched kids from I believe Dubuque Senior get up into him at the state tournament and he struggled with it a ton. They were way too physical for him and he was not fast or quick enough to overcome that. He also is not a good enough shooter to erase the physicality either. He's definitely more skilled and a more sound player than his brother, but again, he'd be a perfect fit for a school like UNI / Drake. I know he was highly ranked when he was a freshman and sophomore in high school but he dropped a lot since then. In my mind, that comes from him being offered early by his father, and then coasting to the finish line knowing he'll get playing time no matter what.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
He is less talented version of Nik Stauskas. I will eat crow if he gets drafted next year. So far, he is not showing up on anyone’s draft radar.

He is showing up on 2020 draft radars though. One thing to note with Weiskamp is he turns 20 in August. If he stays beyond his sophomore year he'll already be labeled an old prospect.

Help Support Us

Become a patron