Travel - Seattle to Portland

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just my opinion, but I would try and do four days in each place. We loved Seattle, EMP especially (with the Sci Fi museum right next door), as well as Pike’s. It was really cool, I just prefer the weirdness of Portland. Don’t use an umbrella at either.
I feel like Portland is Austin TX in the PNW. Just an awesome laid back unique downtown.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Another place to check out in PDX is Sizzle Pie for pizza. It's definitely weird. Sort of Metal. They put a pentagram on your pizza.
pentagram-header-pizza.jpg

Reactions: ISUCHIEF and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I feel like Portland is Austin TX in the PNW. Just an awesome laid back unique downtown.

I think that is entirely accurate. They just do their thing unapologetically.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think that is entirely accurate. They just do their thing unapologetically.
All this talk is making me want to go back now.
Something we missed out last time was going to check out was the Tillamook cheese company, which my wife really wanted to do.

• Friendly

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You are awesome!! We are going back in November, so I am adding these to my list.

So much of this is BS. Yes, it is not my traditional idea of a good time, but PDX has the highest number of clubs per capita, so I looked at the weirdest. I suggested From Dusk Til Dawn (2), thank you very much! If we were going to go, I wanted it to be bizarre. It was. We were there for a few hours, but it wasn’t quite as vampire-y as promised. I think the NW location is more Lestat and less Lost Boys.

Blue Star is just so much better! Gotta get there early at the airport location or else they sell out!

Any dancers you can recommend for private dances?

• Funny

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
All this talk is making me want to go back now.
Something we missed out last time was going to check out was the Tillamook cheese company, which my wife really wanted to do.

I really want to hit that, also. Although I have a guess that a cheese factory will not smell pleasant!

Any dancers you can recommend for private dances?

Lol - I didn’t get a private dance, but they really tried hard to sell us on a joint one. Which was a terrible deal, as it was just 2x the regular fee. I assumed there would be some sort of deal.

Janny had to pee at one point, so I was stuck in there alone. It was an awkward dance between it not being of much interest to me other than from the standpoint of appreciating quality workmanship in any career vs my desire to always be polite. There was one girl with a shaved head who looked like Negasonic Teenage Warhead from Deadpool who was super athletic, so I kept leaving her tips in hope she would spend it on college.

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and pulse

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I really want to hit that, also. Although I have a guess that a cheese factory will not smell pleasant!

Lol - I didn’t get a private dance, but they really tried hard to sell us on a joint one. Which was a terrible deal, as it was just 2x the regular fee. I assumed there would be some sort of deal.

Janny had to pee at one point, so I was stuck in there alone. It was an awkward dance between it not being of much interest to me other than from the standpoint of appreciating quality workmanship in any career vs my desire to always be polite. There was one girl with a shaved head who looked like Negasonic Teenage Warhead from Deadpool who was super athletic, so I kept leaving her tips in hope she would spend it on college.

So......you were sitting in sniffer row?

• Funny

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
So......you were sitting in sniffer row?

No, on a bench away. I would just walk up, lay down my money, and walk back. I tried to support all of them some, especially the girls who weren’t getting a lot of dudes up there.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BCClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Depending on your dates visiting here, this should be fun.

Attachments

• EFB28205-7B83-42D2-B5C6-2060620738ED.jpeg
    EFB28205-7B83-42D2-B5C6-2060620738ED.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 16

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
One thing I forgot - the old viaduct that ran along the Seattle Waterfront is currently being torn down so driving/parking down here is a mess right now. Signage is pretty good though, and Seattle drivers are generally courteous. The Hwy 99 tunnel that replaces the viaduct is already open and operational, and the tolls got delayed until October. The waterfront is going to be even better once the project is done.

*posted from the Seattle Aquarium men's room stall #1.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Well, it's not really between the two but just East of Portland, the Columbia River Gorge is well worth some hours of driving time. Great views and lots of waterfalls.

This. The Columbia River Gorge is awesome, and stopping to watch the fish ladders is always pretty cool too.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This. The Columbia River Gorge is awesome, and stopping to watch the fish ladders is always pretty cool too.
When I went thru there, a guy noticed my ISU shirt. He played at University of Central Oklahoma. He said he would have loved to play at ISU and was very complimentary of our program, arena, etc.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron