NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Starting to wonder how many more runs the Raptors have left in them. Golden State just keeps coming up with momentum killers.

That's because the Warriors are the best team in the league.... even without KD.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
You are correct, but my point still stands IMO. They would have won all their titles with or without him.

They beat OKC and Durant with just Steph, Klay, and Green in 2015. In the two seasons prior to KD arriving, they were 140-24 (including a record 73 win season), and the two seasons following KD arriving they went 125-39.

Are they better with Durant.... of course they are. But they still would have won those titles without him IMO. And Durant likely would still have no rings had he not joined the best team in the league to get one.

He must be the only two time Finals MVP to be just a luxury to a team.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
KD officially out with a "lower leg injury". Sounds ominous given the nature of the injury. MRI tomorrow.

So if KD tore his Achilles does he accept his player option with the Warriors? Could make things interesting.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You are correct, but my point still stands IMO. They would have won all their titles with or without him.

They apparently did not feel the same as you. Their first title was aided by Kyrie's injury. I do not believe they would have won 3 out of 4 titles without KD.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So if KD tore his Achilles does he accept his player option with the Warriors? Could make things interesting.

Wouldn't that be something if they just ran it back with KD on his option and Boogie on another one year deal?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Looks to me like it was definitely his calf, and it definitely "pops" in this video. It's definitely a shame and I never want to see anyone get injured, but let's put everything in perspective here folks ( and TV media).... this is a multi, multi, multi millionaire with a leg injury that will heal and he will be just fine. If you want to see something that is actually really sad and terrible, go walk through a children's cancer hospital.

https://thespun.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/up-close-video-of-kevin-durants-injury-is-going-viral

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They apparently did not feel the same as you. Their first title was aided by Kyrie's injury. I do not believe they would have won 3 out of 4 titles without KD.

I'll give KD credit when he goes to the Knicks and brings them a title, not when he joins the team that won a record 73 games before he joined them.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The best player on the court (and the NBA) is finally starting to wake up.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Cousins is getting killed but who else can they go with? Cook? Bell? The Raptors can get too big to play that small with Cook.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Cousins is getting killed but who else can they go with? Cook? Bell? The Raptors can get too big to play that small with Cook.

That's what happens when you spend all your money on 3 or 4 guys.... you have nothing else left.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Kawhi just went into terminate mode

You have to feel good for him. This is a guy that wanted out of San Antonio, but wanted nothing to do with Toronto, but goes there anyway. Toronto wines him and dines him and wins him over, and all appearances show he's going to win a championship there.

The question is did Toronto win him over enough to lock him up long term.