The Chicken

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I knew Orilla years ago when Lyle Smith had the meat locker. I sold 4-H calves to him to butcher. The first time I went into the cooler I almost fainted at the sight of tongues hanging off the rail

The Chicken sounds so authentic and likeable part of the Des Moines area, it makes me envious. Here in central Wisconsin the only thing close to it is snowmobile trails between bars which compete with chili cook-offs in the sickening dead cold of winter. Riding a bike on a warm fragrant Polk County summer eve is so much better than near death experience of snow riding with drunks and nearly wetting yourself getting the snow suit access open.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Technically it's in West Des Moines. The bar across the street is Orilla. That is why they had to take down the big Chicken statue. City of WDM would not allow it because of it's size.

Technically, Orilla isn't even a town. The Chicken is in West Des Moines, and Outskirtz is in Norwalk.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If you leave Des Moines and are on your way to Cumming, stop before you get there to check out the chicken!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For other fried chicken fans, High Life and Night Hawk have some good stuff.

Hyvee chicken sucks. Dont @ me.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
A lot of people argue the chicken came first.
Creationists are morons.

300px-Jim_Halpert_Smiling_Through_Blinds.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron