Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Still a far cry to say that ISU's couldn't have gone any better. They had a decent spring, which was way better than Iowa's spring, one of which they had no control over and that is Jordan going down.

Get yourself a coach. Or someone who does have some control. Over something.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A lot is riding on Fran's ability to snag that grad transfer that averaged 8ppg on a bad Valpo team from Portland State
I also think they're assuming that Nunge and Frederick are going to be world beaters because either or both are projected to start if Bohannon doesn't give it a go. I think if those two redshirts are indeed good, the 8-9 area isn't far off, but if they don't show much, Iowa could be looking at the bottom of the Big 10. Some of those lower teams are not good but not terrible and gave Iowa a run for their money last year. Iowa is losing 4 of their best 5 guys and bringing in huge question marks. It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I also think they're assuming that Nunge and Frederick are going to be world beaters because either or both are projected to start if Bohannon doesn't give it a go. I think if those two redshirts are indeed good, the 8-9 area isn't far off, but if they don't show much, Iowa could be looking at the bottom of the Big 10. Some of those lower teams are not good but not terrible and gave Iowa a run for their money last year. Iowa is losing 4 of their best 5 guys and bringing in huge question marks. It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Oh, don't worry, they are.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa's 2018-2019 practice squad obviously way better than ISU's 2010-2011...

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I don't think they will be a tournament team next year. Even with Bohannon, I feel they are on the wrongside of the bubble. Without him, it might be back to the cellar.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
From what I've heard and what I've read, those guys are legit and were dominating their "studs" in practice. (please see my sarcasm)

Yeah, Moss, in particular, left due to Fredrickson dominating and fear of CJ taking his starting spot....
(please see my hard eye roll)

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The situation really is a no lose for Cyclone fans. Hok fans will melt down if they lose him to NM St. or he commits and gets hyped the rest of the off season by their media and fans only sit behind Connor during the season, leading to a meltdown. #WinWin.
I'm so excited to see Connor get big minutes this year!

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
A lot is riding on Fran's ability to snag that grad transfer that averaged 8ppg on a bad Valpo team from Portland State
Right, if they can lure him away from Portland St then they could claim sole possession of 8th if Indiana doesn't get on a roll as well as Rutgers.

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Looks like Iowa goes to Syracuse for the ACC match up.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

What's the percentage of people who redshirt not for transfer reasons panning out under Fran? 0%? I guess I don't understand the blind optimism on those two especially since one is a former walk on

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What's the percentage of people who redshirt not for transfer reasons panning out under Fran? 0%? I guess I don't understand the blind optimism on those two especially since one is a former walk on
I completely agree.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

A generation ago it was very common and effective. Now, not so much.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

True but after a freshman year in which Nunge showed tons of potential, they had no option but to redshirt him. It was the smart move. I actually read that somewhere.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron