The Zombie Apocalypse Has Started (No Joke)

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hunters please make sure to “double tap” deer in the head while hunting.

It's literally rule #2.

double-tap.jpg

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
CWD's been around for a long time.

But if it's the beginning of the end of times, might as well see how it plays out.

Been around a long time and caused by a protein that doesn't fold properly. Also known as Mad Cow disease.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Of course you should never eat a sick looking deer and wear gloves when you field dress and process, but if you don't eat the brain and spine you'll be fine. That article is ridiculous.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Been around a long time and caused by a protein that doesn't fold properly. Also known as Mad Cow disease.
CWD and bovine spongiform encephalopathy (Mad Cow disease) are very similar, and are both caused by prions, but they are not the same disease.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
CWD and bovine spongiform encephalopathy (Mad Cow disease) are very similar, and are both caused by prions, but they are not the same disease.

Wrong, it's caused by a bacteria and the result is a prion protein. There is a study underway right now that has discovered a vaccination and to have field testing equipment available for hunters within the next 2 years.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
Wrong, it's caused by a bacteria and the result is a prion protein. There is a study underway right now that has discovered a vaccination and to have field testing equipment available for hunters within the next 2 years.
Bacteria doesn't have anything to do with it.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jay moe

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

It’s not Mad Cow disease. But interestingly, I worked with a guy who died of MCD a couple years ago. It’s been in his family and passed down since WWII when somebody ate tainted canned meat in England. He died at 39 years old.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Not proven yet that CWD is transferable to humans, and as previously mentioned, it would require consumption of part of the neural system (brain, spinal cord, etc.). Having said that, I will not eat the heart or liver, and if I have any doubt, I discard the meat.

However.....venison is the healthiest red meat going. High in iron and protein, very little fat, no cholesterol.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: oldman and CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Not proven yet that CWD is transferable to humans, and as previously mentioned, it would require consumption of part of the neural system (brain, spinal cord, etc.). Having said that, I will not eat the heart or liver, and if I have any doubt, I discard the meat.

However.....venison is the healthiest red meat going. High in iron and protein, very little fat, no cholesterol.

You forgot delicious, Bambi killer. :D

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron