Turks and Caicos recommendations wanted

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
Anyone been to Turks and Caicos? Thinking of taking my wife there in February. Shes had a hell of year battling breast cancer with chemo, radiation and a double mastectomy, all at 36 years old. Shes ready to relax for a week. Turks and Caicos is where she wants to go. Would prefer an all inclusive but open to suggestions from anyone with experience there. Thanks

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Great place and amazing beach. We did a 1/2 day trip for snorkling and conch shell diving. Tour guide made fresh conch ceviche from the shells that were brought up.

We went with several families to The Beaches resort. Great place if you have kids. Stay far far away if looking for couples / adult resort.

Make sure to add travel insurance if you go in the heart of hurricane season.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
We went there for our honeymoon and I would highly recommend The Windsong Resort. They did not do an all-inclusive when we were there, but looks like they do now. It is a small boutique resort with 50-60 rooms. The service/staff were amazing, beach was very close, water gorgeous, great happy hour, there is a reef within 2 minutes of the hotel that people from all over came to explore. We ate breakfast everyday with a view to the sea, which was amazing. Around 85 degrees everyday - just perfect. While you are there, get some Bambarra rum - distilled in Turks and Caicos.

We booked our trip through Costco Travel and they are great to work with. Our package included all transfers on the island from the airport to hotel and back - which saved us $$.

https://www.windsongresort.com/

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
We went there for our honeymoon and I would highly recommend The Windsong Resort. They did not do an all-inclusive when we were there, but looks like they do now. It is a small boutique resort with 50-60 rooms. The service/staff were amazing, beach was very close, water gorgeous, great happy hour, there is a reef within 2 minutes of the hotel that people from all over came to explore. We ate breakfast everyday with a view to the sea, which was amazing. Around 85 degrees everyday - just perfect. While you are there, get some Bambarra rum - distilled in Turks and Caicos.

We booked our trip through Costco Travel and they are great to work with. Our package included all transfers on the island from the airport to hotel and back - which saved us $$.

Thanks, will have to check them out.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006

Yes, definitely want to be adults only. I was hoping Sandals had a location there.

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
We rented a place right on Grace Bay that had really good snorkeling right off the beach--no excursion necessary. I'll have to see if I can find the name of the place. Absolutely gorgeous setting. Restaurants-try Mr. Grouper and also Coco Bistro. We spent a lot of time at a place called Somewhere as it was right next to where we were staying. Beautiful sunset views from their 2nd story bar area.

If you plan on making any trips from where you stay, I would look into renting a car. Seems like "taxi" service was ridiculously priced.

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
Anyone been to Turks and Caicos? Thinking of taking my wife there in February. Shes had a hell of year battling breast cancer with chemo, radiation and a double mastectomy, all at 36 years old. Shes ready to relax for a week. Turks and Caicos is where she wants to go. Would prefer an all inclusive but open to suggestions from anyone with experience there. Thanks
No recommendations but I feel for your family and I hope you two have an awesome time!

Reactions: cyflier

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny
Grace Beach is great and it was an easy flight from DSM to ATL then ATL to Provo. We stayed at Seven Stars Resorts which is centrally located on Grace Beach and close to many good restaurants. I'm putting in a second vote for Coco Bistro but call weeks early to get it. Le Bouchon Du Village, Coyaba and Infiniti were all good too.

https://www.sevenstarsgracebay.com/

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
Windsong is going to fall on the side of adults only. They aren't really set up for kids.

You will not regret going to Turks and Caicos, it is incredible.
Thanks, several people have recommended Windsong to us.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
We went a year and a half ago. Stayed at the Alexandra Resort which we absolutely loved. We did a half day snorkel and island tour which was awesome. We also did a standup paddle board excursion through Big Blue Unlimited. They were awesome and I would highly recommend them. Places to eat we like were Mr Grouper, Da Conch Shack and Somewhere Cafe. You will love it, it’s an incredibly beautiful island with awesome people.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron