***ISU vs Tulane***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
IOWA STATE (2-1, 0-0 BIG 12) VS. TULANE (2-2, 0-0 AMERICAN) FRI., NOV. 24 | 2 P.M. CST
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield Talent: Rich Fellingham; Lyndsey Fennelly TV: FloHoops.com
I'm planning on listening on CyclonesTV

I don't know how well connected Notes is - it shows Johnson and Bride starting, leaving Wise, Durr and Scott to come off the bench. This is a good neutral court test for the Cyclones. Tulane is 2-2 with wins over Maine and Vanderbilt. An established program - coach is in 24th season with 8 consecutive post-season appearances - lost to UConn last year 63-60. Leading scorer is 5-8 soph guard Kolby Morgan who got 27 pts. against Vandy. We'll see who is our lock-down defender. They have a 6-5 post but will likely start 6-2 jr. center Wyatt.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Final ISU 67 Tulane 64 Anyone who watched the game were the calls as bad as Rich was saying? I know Lyndsey said some were bad but in general your take. I have watched games on Cyclone TV with Rich and wondered what game he was calling. Took 22:21 to play the last 4:24

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Final ISU 67 Tulane 64 Anyone who watched the game were the calls as bad as Rich was saying? I know Lyndsey said some were bad but in general your take. I have watched games on Cyclone TV with Rich and wondered what game he was calling. Took 22:21 to play the last 4:24

Can't help you. I just followed on the stat feed. I've gotten where I cannot listen to Rich if it is just audio. I really am starting to hate him. If I was AD I'd fire him and hire Blum if he wanted the gig. Molly, when paired with him, helps a lot but Rich plus Lindsey just isn't a pair I could take for 40 minutes. :(

Reactions: C.John

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

Coach "overcame some things I cannot comment on"

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Whew! Would like to see another player in double digits for us, but I think the season may show Tulane to be a decent team. 34.8% from the field won't win a lot of games, but ISU held Tulane to 36.7%.

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I watched it on Junk and she did start. Durr had a good shooting game as Tulane was a very fast and quick defensive team. I didn't think the refs were that bad and I am not sure what Richie was talking about. Good to see that Bridget and Emily are starting to look natural together. Wise did a great job against Tulane's top player in the box and one and the triangle and two defense we ran. She was the only newcomer that had a good game. I am going back to watch our opponents for the championship game tomorrow at 6:30 pm. At least it doesn't clash with the Kansas State game. Go Cyclones

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Nineteen fouls is more than we're accustomed to - great to have depth. Nia isn't showing the ball skills I'd hoped for, maybe a little off her game?

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Can't help you. I just followed on the stat feed. I've gotten where I cannot listen to Rich if it is just audio. I really am starting to hate him. If I was AD I'd fire him and hire Blum if he wanted the gig. Molly, when paired with him, helps a lot but Rich plus Lindsey just isn't a pair I could take for 40 minutes. :(

I think rich is retiring after this season.. so you may get your wish. I fully expect Blum to get the gig.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
And since I didn't watch the game I don't really have many comments other than it's nice to see Emily back and apparently healthy again.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Disclaimer: I only listened to Rich and Lindsey but, I think what upset Richie the most was the "intentional" foul that was called on Burkhall. Lindsey said that she looked at the replay and saw nothing close too intentional or flagrant.

Richie was also complaining about the number of fouls called on us compared to Tulane but, it was the same way in the South Dakota game a couple weeks ago. He better get used to it. This team fouls allot and has/will develop a reputation as such

Still a very nice win!!!

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Disclaimer: I only listened to Rich and Lindsey but, I think what upset Richie the most was the "intentional" foul that was called on Burkhall. Lindsey said that she looked at the replay and saw nothing close too intentional or flagrant.

Richie was also complaining about the number of fouls called on us compared to Tulane but, it was the same way in the South Dakota game a couple weeks ago. He better get used to it. This team fouls allot and has/will develop a reputation as such

Still a very nice win!!!

I think the fouls will go down as the season progresses. Refs call more to start the season, and as our frosh get more used to D1 speed, and the teams get taller, I think they will go down.
Tulane is a rather short team, and our guards are tall.

My biggest concerns so far is our two point shooting, turnovers, and free throw shooting. Our 2pt shooting percentage was the same as our 3 pt shooting percentage in this game. And so far, we are under .700 for free throws. If those three things improve, it can be a pretty decent season.

Overall, this should be a good RPI game.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron