All Iowa Football Team

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm just going to leave UNI out since I don't know much about them. Feel free to discuss in a troll free thread.

QB: Park
RB: Toss up between Wadley or Montgomery
WR: Lazard
WR: Ryen or Jones
WR: Vandeberg
TE: Toss up between Allen or Fant
OL: Campos
OL: Daniels
OL: Welsh
OL: Good Jones
OL: Boetgger

DL: Nelson
DL: Lima
DL: Bailey
DL: Bazata
LB: Jewell
LB: Harvey
LB: Niemann or Bower
CB: Peavy
CB: Payne
S: Cotton-Moya
S: Taylor or Gervase

P: Downing
K: ???
PR: Ryen
KR: Kene

Thoughts?

Any thoughts on who needs to be swapped out? I think you swap out Vandeberg for Butler and someone forom Iowa for Boetgger because he got hurt. Fant takes the TE himself and the PR/KR have been pretty much nothing for either team.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Any thoughts on who needs to be swapped out? I think you swap out Vandeberg for Butler and someone forom Iowa for Boetgger because he got hurt. Fant takes the TE himself and the PR/KR have been pretty much nothing for either team.

Was just talking about this earlier today, Butler most definitely is better than any Iowa receiver. Heck he's looking as good as Lazard so far.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Was just talking about this earlier today, Butler most definitely is better than any Iowa receiver. Heck he's looking as good as Lazard so far.

I think you'd have to go Lazard, Butler and Ryen so far. I would say Easley might be Iowa's best receiver and he's averaging less than 50 yards per game. Montgomery probably edging out Wadley especially after Wadley's critical fumble Saturday.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think you'd have to go Lazard, Butler and Ryen so far. I would say Easley might be Iowa's best receiver and he's averaging less than 50 yards per game. Montgomery probably edging out Wadley especially after Wadley's critical fumble Saturday.

Wadley is Iowa best receiver. They throw mostly dump passes and he has turned those into solid gains. Not sure how many targets a game he has but has to be substantial.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
I think the 35 yard td and 70 yd pass td make up for it-still Wadley>>>Montgomery

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I think the 35 yard td and 70 yd pass td make up for it-still Wadley>>>Montgomery

Wadley averages 141 yards of total offense per game and has scored four touchdowns.
Montgomery averages 140 yards of total offense per game and has scored four touchdowns (in one less game)

You can't really say one is better than the other.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

At this point you have to swap out Park for Stanley.

Stanley has better numbers and you cant have the leader of your offense getting suspended for violating team rules.

What was a no brainer for Park prior to the season is now a no brainer in favor of Stanley.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Stanley has better numbers and you cant have the leader of your offense getting suspended for violating team rules.

What was a no brainer for Park prior to the season is now a no brainer in favor of Stanley.

giphy.webp

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

At this point, I think you are correct. Stanley has the better numbers thus far, won the head to head, and Park is now suspended. This can flip flop back by the end of the year if Park gets his crap together. But he seems to be a bit of a head case.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
At this point, I think you are correct. Stanley has the better numbers thus far, won the head to head, and Park is now suspended. This can flip flop back by the end of the year if Park gets his crap together. But he seems to be a bit of a head case.

Nailed it.

If Park is suspended tomorrow and ISU does not make a bowl game, he has to produce on average the following in each game this season to meet the preseason goals (4,000 yards, 36 TD's and 5 interceptions) set by him and his brother:

Yards: 402.7
TDs: 3.86
INTs: 0

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Marchie Murdock is better that Vandeberg in your opinion too?

Probably, he was killing us in the first half before ISU inexplicably went away from him in the second half. Makes you wonder if he would have dropped that OT pass.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Probably, he was killing us in the first half before ISU inexplicably went away from him in the second half. Makes you wonder if he would have dropped that OT pass.

That was Hakeem Butler. If we're going off stats Montgomery (5.5 ypc) is much better running the ball than Wadley (3.8 ypc) too

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That was Hakeem Butler. If we're going off stats Montgomery (5.5 ypc) is much better running the ball than Wadley (3.8 ypc) too

I know who it was. It was the play of the game. I was saying, I wonder if that was Murdoch, would he have dropped the ball in that situation?

Have to account for Wadley on passes too. He has been a monster catching passes for big gains this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know who it was. It was the play of the game. I was saying, I wonder if that was Murdoch, would he have dropped the ball in that situation?

Have to account for Wadley on passes too. He has been a monster catching passes for big gains this year.

So Montgomery is better at running the ball and Wadley is better as a receiver. I agree with that actually.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So Montgomery is better at running the ball and Wadley is better as a receiver. I agree with that actually.

Just different types of runners. Wadley more shifty and Montgomery more of a bull. Would be a great Thunder and Lightning combo.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yeah Montgomery is definitely the better runner of the two that's for sure

Iowa's run blocking has been very poor. I still think Wadley makes the most out of what is there in front of him and that is all you can ask for from a RB. He seldom if ever misses a hole and when given a chance in open space he is very dangerous. Also, the Iowa OC doesn't forget about his best player during a game.