Iowa Football Recruiting

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I was being serious, I havent read any talk of that from Blair or Kakert at Rivals so was genuinely curious if there was something out there talking about it.
His offer list is weird to me for a 4 star from Big Ten country. Where is Mich, Mich St, NW, etc?

Even Kentucky, WV, and VT aren't too far.

Just seems odd.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
DJ isn't a take for ND because he has been a known Iowa kid for about a month now. He wanted to make it offficial on his mom's birthday, but ND has known for while he wasn't going there, so they have moved on. Everyone knows this and that is why All the Crystal balls went to Iowa in the middle of July.

I really don't want to have a back and forth with you on this, but the bold doesn't make sense. If ND still wanted him, he'd be a take for them no matter what direction he was leaning.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I really don't want to have a back and forth with you on this, but the bold doesn't make sense. If ND still wanted him, he'd be a take for them no matter what direction he was leaning.

DJ wasn't a "no take" when he told them a month ago he was going to Iowa. This has been done for a long time now. Trying to give me info today about a kid who already told ND he wasn't going there is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The Big 12 has more ranked teams than the Big 10 in the AP poll that just came out while having 4 less teams. That is not a joke.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Really. Anyone can make an announcement like that.

For example, tomorrow at 11am I'm announcing my commitment and it will be between my YMCA basketball team and the Golden State Warriors. Stay tuned!

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
DJ wasn't a "no take" when he told them a month ago he was going to Iowa. This has been done for a long time now. Trying to give me info today about a kid who already told ND he wasn't going there is completely irrelevant.
If this was true (it isn't) and I was ND, I would just come out 30 minutes before his announcement and state that the ND scholarship offer is no longer an option. Too often these kids make these type of pointless announcements.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So who is this kid a take for besides Iowa if ND doesn't want him? I mean who is most likely to poach him if he wants to take other visits? Indiana or Purdue?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Sounds like ND has been turning up the heat on DJ. They really need CBs, had another 4 star committed but he decommitted last month. DJ is the highest rated CB on their board who has them high on his list. Hoping we land him but not counting the Irish out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sounds like ND has been turning up the heat on DJ. They really need CBs, had another 4 star committed but he decommitted last month. DJ is the highest rated CB on their board who has them high on his list. Hoping we land him but not counting the Irish out.

Link? Mashup just said he wasn't even a take for them

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Read it at an ND site. Pretty obvious though, they have zero CBs committed, they need CBs, and he's the highest rated guy they've offered who has them listed that high, not to mention he's in their backyard.

Which site?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Which site?

Two actually. Articles are from end of June, I'm sure you can find them. Where are links that ND wouldn't take him? Would be weird since they have no CBs committed, are in big need of CBs, have a 4-star in their backyard who lists them in his top-2, and they wouldn't take him. Would think there'd be something concrete on that. I'm sure it's not just wishful thinking and butthurtedness over Iowa landing a 4-star kid. Couldn't be.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Two actually. Articles are from end of June, I'm sure you can find them. Where are links that ND wouldn't take him? Would be weird since they have no CBs committed, are in big need of CBs, have a 4-star in their backyard who lists them in his top-2, and they wouldn't take him. Would think there'd be something concrete on that. I'm sure it's not just wishful thinking and butthurtedness over Iowa landing a 4-star kid. Couldn't be.

You're talking about articles from June when it's been reported and confirmed by a Hawkeye fan that he hasn't been a take for ND for over a month. Lol cmon man.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Wait... You do realize that your own guy was the one claiming this, right?

You guys might want to huddle up and make sure you're on the same page.