UNI and Iowa Tickets

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Good evening --

This is more of a question than a request for an exchange, but I figured here was the best place to ask it. Moderators, if that is not the case, feel free to move it.

I am coming home to Iowa for the first two weekends of September.

This would put me home for the weekends of the UNI and Iowa games. :)

Anybody know the best way to look for single-game tickets for the two of them?

I realize neither is probably going to be cheap, but I can handle that, but just the best way to search. I am used to buying road game tickets, like for Akron (trying to catch games #1 through #3 this year, actually, come to think of it) living on the East Coast, and got in for free with the marching band while in Ames myself, so not used to buying my way into Jack Trice.

I hope I am better luck than last year -- I made it to two basketball games, @Vandy and @WVU, and neither of them ended up being very successful for us.

Love, @Sigmapolis

Reactions: Bryce7

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sig, If you're a donor I would send a email/phone call to the head of athletic donations and see if they can help you out. Once it gets closer to the season look for single game tickets to go on sale. Watch CF ticket exchange for people selling. Try contacting RochClone(spelling) he usually has a line on tickets and prices.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
After we beat Iowa this year, our program will be on a serious mission and ready to take the next step. Doubtful I'll make any games this year but I may have to get a sitter for September 9th for our turning point to our great run.

Reactions: Cyclone11

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sig, If you're a donor I would send a email/phone call to the head of athletic donations and see if they can help you out. Once it gets closer to the season look for single game tickets to go on sale. Watch CF ticket exchange for people selling. Try contacting RochClone(spelling) he usually has a line on tickets and prices.

On a secondary site or somewhere ISU-affiliated?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
The website I have used in the past for basketball tickets is the Cyclones Ticket Exchange. Not sure how it works for football or if it's any good for it, but it's worth a look.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On a secondary site or somewhere ISU-affiliated?

CF ticket exchange and cyclones.com both will probably have some. If you have any friends that have season tickets, they can also probably pick up single game tickets, they usually go on sale to season ticket holders then the general public.

• Informative

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
CF ticket exchange and cyclones.com both will probably have some. If you have any friends that have season tickets, they can also probably pick up single game tickets, they usually go on sale to season ticket holders then the general public.

Okay. Thanks for the help.

About when should I start looking?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Okay. Thanks for the help.

About when should I start looking?

Not sure, CF will be a week or 2 before each game. Use cyclones.com and drop the Athletic dept/ticket office a note and they'll reply with accurate time frame/answers.

• Informative

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Funny this question came up. I spoke to ticket office yesterday and single game tickets will go on sale the first week of August.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Alright. Thanks all. Sounds like I mostly need to wait until mid-August.

Help Support Us

Become a patron