Iowa Football Recruiting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Patterson has 11 top 25 finishes at TCU. Ferentz has been at Iowa longer than Patterson has been at TCU and only has 6 top 25 finishes.

Link to me calling Iowa a top level offer?

Why does it always come back to Iowa for you?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Link to me calling Iowa a top level offer?

Why does it always come back to Iowa for you?

So TCU has been pretty much twice as good as Iowa has been under their current coaches but you're going to laugh when someone says they are a top level offer? That's on you I guess

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
In the same way Boise is, I suppose.

When I think of top level offers, I think of Bama, USC, Michigan, OSU, LSU, etc. There are probably 25-30 programs that are better offers than TCU.

Yeah, if you're talking all-time. TCU is a top 25 program in today's college football scene.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
So TCU has been pretty much twice as good as Iowa has been under their current coaches but you're going to laugh when someone says they are a top level offer? That's on you I guess

Yes, according to what I consider a top level offer.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
A few years ago, Missouri would have been a top offer. Same as Baylor right.... Now look at those programs. Tennessee would have been a while ago to, same as Nebraska.

TCU is a good offer that I would worry about if I was ISU. TCU is a better program than ISU, and climate also. For a kid that wants to travel for college. He might not make it to ISU if he gets pressured by family and friends and high school teammates.

Iowa has had this happen before. It is no secret that location is huge in recruiting as is a high level offer.

BUT High level is Michigan, OU, Texas, LSU, USC, OSU, Bama, FSU

Not TCU. TCU is like being offered by Texas A&M or Oregon. Trendy teams that are really good or mediocre.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Our definitions of "top level" probably don't jive then. I'd consider the top 25 programs to be top level. The elites would comprise of the top 10.

So top level really isnt the top level then? Its more like the level right below the elite level?

Top means top to me.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Our definitions of "top level" probably don't jive then. I'd consider the top 25 programs to be top level. The elites would comprise of the top 10.
I don't know if I would consider them top level. Since they joined the big 12 they have had two really good seasons and 3 mediocre seasons. Without even looking at it I would guess the win totals of Iowa and TCU are pretty similar since TCU joined a Power conference.

Reactions: YeahBuddy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
A few years ago, Missouri would have been a top offer. Same as Baylor right.... Now look at those programs. Tennessee would have been a while ago to, same as Nebraska.

TCU is a good offer that I would worry about if I was ISU. TCU is a better program than ISU, and climate also. For a kid that wants to travel for college. He might not make it to ISU if he gets pressured by family and friends and high school teammates.

Iowa has had this happen before. It is no secret that location is huge in recruiting as is a high level offer.

BUT High level is Michigan, OU, Texas, LSU, USC, OSU, Bama, FSU

Not TCU. TCU is like being offered by Texas A&M or Oregon. Trendy teams that are really good or mediocre.
3244905411_1468cf8604_o.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So what do you consider TCU? A mid level offer? Iowa is a low level offer then?

I hope you have your notes CyTwin because I am taking you to school

Iowa is not below the mediocre level in the BIg Ten in at least my lifetime (30 years is pretty long so that is what I decided to use). I even counted the bad Kirk years and Hayden years during that time so here it goes

From 86-92 when it was still 10 teams
Iowa finished on average 3rd or 4th in conference meaning they were above average during that time.

From 93-98 when it went to 11 teams and Hayden was still coach
Iowa finished on average about 6th. Which puts them right at the middle of the conference

From 99-2010 when it was Kirk as coach and still 11 teams
Iowa finished 4th or 5th which puts them in the higher tier of the conference for a solid 11 years.

From 2011-2013 when it went to 12 teams
Iowa finished 6th out of 12 for the conference, putting them right in the middle tier again

From 2013-2016 when it went to 14 teams in the Big Ten
Iowa finished on average 4th out of 14 teams which puts them in the higher Tier of teams during that time.

On average, Iowa will finish 4th to 5th in the Big Ten Conference during my lifetime. Which puts them in the upper level of teams of the big 10 during my lifetime. that is pretty dang good and an offer that means a lot to kids. It is not an OSU, Michigan level of offer, but it can be compared to TCU and probably is considered better by people not named ISU fans.

source of info was found on google search engine. that would be google.com

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

TCU has only been in a P5 conference for a few years. Apples and oranges. UNI has been 100x better than ISU, but does that matter when they are at a different level?

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I hope you have your notes CyTwin because I am taking you to school

Iowa is not below the mediocre level in the BIg Ten in at least my lifetime (30 years is pretty long so that is what I decided to use). I even counted the bad Kirk years and Hayden years during that time so here it goes

From 86-92 when it was still 10 teams
Iowa finished on average 3rd or 4th in conference meaning they were above average during that time.

From 93-98 when it went to 11 teams and Hayden was still coach
Iowa finished on average about 6th. Which puts them right at the middle of the conference

From 99-2010 when it was Kirk as coach and still 11 teams
Iowa finished 4th or 5th which puts them in the higher tier of the conference for a solid 11 years.

From 2011-2013 when it went to 12 teams
Iowa finished 6th out of 12 for the conference, putting them right in the middle tier again

From 2013-2016 when it went to 14 teams in the Big Ten
Iowa finished on average 4th out of 14 teams which puts them in the higher Tier of teams during that time.

On average, Iowa will finish 4th to 5th in the Big Ten Conference during my lifetime. Which puts them in the upper level of teams of the big 10 during my lifetime. that is pretty dang good and an offer that means a lot to kids. It is not an OSU, Michigan level of offer, but it can be compared to TCU and probably is considered better by people not named ISU fans.

source of info was found on google search engine. that would be google.com

TCU has twice as many top 25 finishes under Patterson than Iowa does under Ferentz. Derp!

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
TCU has twice as many top 25 finishes under Patterson than Iowa does under Ferentz. Derp!

There it is Cy Twins with a Derp. Don't ask him to answer a question like how many Top 10 seasons Patterson has had while in the Big 12. To him a Top 25 season is the same as a Top 10 season.

No links, just gifs, myths and Derp from Cy Twins. The Iowa obsession continues.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Man I'll feel bad if another person throws away millions of dollars to play at Iowa instead of taking the money at a pro level like King should have.

If you're drafted in top 5 rounds, take the offer and go.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Man I'll feel bad if another person throws away millions of dollars to play at Iowa instead of taking the money at a pro level like King should have.

If you're drafted in top 5 rounds, take the offer and go.

And literally the very next tweet from that guy:

He must be a hell of an athlete if MLB teams think he can play CF. Great get by KF and staff.