aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
2016-09 Google Image11.jpg They've updated Street View also. Some of it is 09-2016, not a game-day.

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'm using both in Chrome on a PC and still have an empty 2014 stadium. How do you update?

[edit] Duh. You have to use Chrome.

Still ain't working for me.
I'm using Firefox 53.0.03 (I'm on the Release Channel). Just a guess here but if you close out Google Earth and then reload it, you may get an updated satellite image from the Google Earth Server (and maybe not!).
EDIT: Just discovered that you need to have "3-D Buildings" unchecked under Layers in Google Earth. Then it works, no problem.

2015-10-02 Google Image4.jpg

Last edited:

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I see it using the Google Maps app on my phone but using a web browser I get an empty stadium pre-SEZ.
Just discovered that you need to have "3-D Buildings" unchecked under "Layers" in Google Earth. Then it works, no problem. Enjoy!

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
What's the status of the 'green space' project south of the endzone? I haven't heard anything about that for a long time.

Here's a link to the master plan although that doesn't really answer your question. I'm unsure when they'll do more work on the north side of the gardens. As of now I believe the Hillside Garden on the west side is complete or extremely close to it and they've already started the groundwork on the southern end for the changes there.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Here's a link to the master plan although that doesn't really answer your question. I'm unsure when they'll do more work on the north side of the gardens. As of now I believe the Hillside Garden on the west side is complete or extremely close to it and they've already started the groundwork on the southern end for the changes there.
I remember looking at that last year. I just looked again and realized how much high $ parking they are giving up.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I remember looking at that last year. I just looked again and realized how much high $ parking they are giving up.

That photo doesn't seem quite right when it comes to the parking just south of the stadium. It shows almost no parking, but I thought the only loss of parking was the S-3 lot for greenspace.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA

That photo doesn't seem quite right when it comes to the parking just south of the stadium. It shows almost no parking, but I thought the only loss of parking was the S-3 lot for greenspace.

Here's a side-by-side comparison I believe the master plan has a 20yr timeline goal so they could definitely plan to cut further into the parking later on even though it would alter what they've already changed. But, you're right. The overall curvature doesn't quite line up right now. Still, it looks like the plan is to cut further into parking where the new entrance/round-a-bout will be.

Attachments

• sidebyside.JPG
    sidebyside.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 26