Double Technical

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
Anybody know what exactly happened to desert the double technical fouls at the end? I assume words exchanged between Burton and who ever?

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Wondering the same. Didn't see any replays on it. And I still don't understand what foul Huggins was complaining about when Naz got tripped unless it was before that. He apparently wanted a technical but thankfully it didn't work for them.

CloneConer

Apr 15, 2016
Rewatching the game now. Not sure on the double technical, but the Huggy technical is more clear now.

Huggins went berserk after a no call, which could have been a foul because Deonte may have swatted an arm.

The official calls a technical on Huggins which is probably what he wanted so the refs would be lopsided for the rest of the game.

The announcers confused us because they thought the technical was for the trip, which coincidentally happened at a the same time as Huggins freaking out. When rewatching it, it should have been a technical for the trip as well.

-The player kept Naz from a one on one situation as he had room for a pretty outlet pass from Monte.
-He stuck his foot out that was on the opposite side of Naz and kept running straight instead of following in the direction of the aforementioned foot.
-He didn't react to Naz falling, which means he knew it was going to happen and didn't want to draw attention to it.

I'll see about finding the double technical next.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Rewatching the game now. Not sure on the double technical, but the Huggy technical is more clear now.

Huggins went berserk after a no call, which could have been a foul because Deonte may have swatted an arm.

The official calls a technical on Huggins which is probably what he wanted so the refs would be lopsided for the rest of the game.

The announcers confused us because they thought the technical was for the trip, which coincidentally happened at a the same time as Huggins freaking out. When rewatching it, it should have been a technical for the trip as well.

-The player kept Naz from a one on one situation as he had room for a pretty outlet pass from Monte.
-He stuck his foot out that was on the opposite side of Naz and kept running straight instead of following in the direction of the aforementioned foot.
-He didn't react to Naz falling, which means he knew it was going to happen and didn't want to draw attention to it.

I'll see about finding the double technical next.

I thought the trip was accidental. Or at least not conclusive enough to call it intentional.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Huggins was all over the refs to start the second half. His technical was a compilation of events for about 4 minutes.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Who was the older ref that was pointing at D Jack yelling at him to watch was he was saying?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If the account above is true about the double technical than I am OK with both sides saying this. Love when the athletes are humanized instead of rehearsed ambassadors.

CloneConer

Apr 15, 2016
I thought the trip was accidental. Or at least not conclusive enough to call it intentional.
I agree and thought the same thing when it first happened. It's definitely not something that would ever be called live. But watching it over 20 times, it was pretty easy to see. Even if he innocently meant to kick his leg awkwardly to the side for whatever reason, his non-reaction to running into another human being says it all for me.