***Big XII Wrestling Tournament March 4/5***

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Powell is out too, isn't he? Not because he didn't wrestle well, but because the conference has only two slots at 184 and he's not in the finals?

Technically he still has a shot at true second, but chances of that aren't super high.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
The only one on our team to wrestle above his seed was Harrington.

It looks like Hall, Harrington and Weatherspoon (who will certainly get an at-large bid), will go to NCAAs. Possible bids for Larson or Smith, but it seems they are long shots. Maybe others can weigh in on this.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
The only one on our team to wrestle above his seed was Harrington.

It looks like Hall, Harrington and Weatherspoon (who will certainly get an at-large bid), will go to NCAAs. Possible bids for Larson or Smith, but it seems they are long shots. Maybe others can weigh in on this.

Can't see it happening for either.

Did Harrington grab a spot?

Thank God for Kevin Dresser.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb1498

snaedw

Oct 17, 2008
Really looking forward to a new chapter in ISU wrestling. I know none of these guys go out there wanting to loose but it just looks like they wrestle with no fire.

Meeks gives up a reversal in the second period from a fresh start in the middle with 3 seconds left???? Hall gets taken down in the third and spends more time watching the clock run down instead of fighting to get out. Come on guys! FIGHT! Know where you are at in a match!!

• Agree
Reactions: csteve

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Really looking forward to a new chapter in ISU wrestling. I know none of these guys go out there wanting to loose but it just looks like they wrestle with no fire.

Meeks gives up a reversal in the second period from a fresh start in the middle with 3 seconds left???? Hall gets taken down in the third and spends more time watching the clock run down instead of fighting to get out. Come on guys! FIGHT! Know where you are at in a match!!

I agree. Most of what I saw was fairly uninspired. In the Hall match you're referring to (w/Air Force), he had several takedowns, then made no attempt to hold his opponent even though he had the lead.

I thought the coaches didn't show much energy either. In fact, one or two of them weren't even watching their wrestlers at times. I think they missed having KJ there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

You're correct obviously, but you're not supposed to talk like this on here evidently. Don't question our guys.

• Dislike
Reactions: matclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I agree. Most of what I saw was fairly uninspired. In the Hall match you're referring to (w/Air Force), he had several takedowns, then made no attempt to hold his opponent even though he had the lead.

I thought the coaches didn't show much energy either. In fact, one or two of them weren't even watching their wrestlers at times. I think they missed having KJ there.

Yeah, because having KJ there has made all the difference this year, right?

Thank God Dresser is coming in to straighten this mess out. I hope like mad he can do it.

• Agree
Reactions: csteve and jmb1498

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
You're correct obviously, but you're not supposed to talk like this on here evidently. Don't question our guys.

Don't forget: If KJ was coaching and the results were the same there would be a number of posts on here defending him and the effort.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
he's now become the first supposed ISU fan I've blocked. please don't quote him.

Congrats to you! Must be so nice and comfortable to live in a box where you don't consider other points of view different from your own. I teach my kids the opposite of that, but to each their own.

You like where the wrestling program is at and the effort you see out of our guys, and therefore probably didn't want KJ to go, and I'm on the other side that is embarrassed how low this program has gotten and the expectations of the fans as well. We deserve better. We were always a top level wrestling program. Now UNI is better than us, and we've become a no-name team in wrestling discussion.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Can't see it happening for either.

Did Harrington grab a spot?

Thank God for Kevin Dresser.

I agree Thank God for Kevin Dresser...Thank God for Kevin Dresser....Thank God for Kevin Dresser....Thank God for Kevin Dresser....well U get my point.......

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'm gonna look at it tonight and/or tommorow. But right now I feel really good about Weatherspoon, okay about Hall (there were a lot of upsets at 133 so he might be sweating it out when at larges are announced), and worth checking on Smith. Not sure if anybody else is competitive. Diblasi's results this morning really hurt any shot he would have had.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
This was a F- performance. No urgency, no pride, no fight! KD must deal with a culture shift which embraced losing. Let's get this thing turned around quickly!!

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Not really unexpected. They are in between coaching regimes and dealing with a lot of change. Plus they had one win in dual's all year so I'm not sure where you would believe that would suddenly improve.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
This is pretty much why I was torn about KJ stepping down mid-season. Assuming that the statements about many seemingly being other places mentally during the tourney are accurate (I didn't get the chance to watch any of the tourney), the results aren't surprising. Everyone acting like a dead-man walking tends to lead to poor results.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron