New Iowa High school rankings

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Has Shapiro confirmed he is going 182? I know he has been wrestling 195 this summer. Lots of depth at 184/197 in the next couple of years.

Yes he was there this summer but didn’t cut any weight at all and is only around 190 right now. Which makes how well he did at Fargo & Disney Duals even more impressive!

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Where does iawrestle get the weights that they put wrestlers at? Seems kids are just bumped a weight class from the year before. I know several of my kids teammates and friends were ranked at weights that they never had an intention of being at or wrestled at an early dual or meet for a week while others made weight.

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
Where does iawrestle get the weights that they put wrestlers at? Seems kids are just bumped a weight class from the year before. I know several of my kids teammates and friends were ranked at weights that they never had an intention of being at or wrestled at an early dual or meet for a week while others made weight.

The rankers reach out to the coaches first, sometimes to individual wrestlers, depending on the responsiveness.

Without you giving a specific example it's hard to know. Yesterday we got a lot off feedback, but if a coach tells us wrestler X is going to be at weight #1, that's usually where we put them. Sometimes guys change their minds after they have already told us they were going one weight. Heck we had wrestlers reach out and say "That's not the weight I am going to be at!" but our information came from the coach.

Lastly if a wrestler tells us I am starting at 120 for the first couple weeks but then I will be down at 113 for the rest of the season, we rank them at 120 because that is where they are at now.

The good news is all of this gets sorted out by the second set once freshmen are included, and there is more data readily available.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron